005

Play — Fatima Cavona Wilson . 27
12:30am 🕗

Fatima rushed to the mailbox as she got home from checking on her shop

Fatima rushed to the mailbox as she got home from checking on her shop. She saw some mail then the letters.

She smiled opening one but remembered she was standing on her front porch. She unlocked her door and went inside her home.

She went to sit on the couch and tossed the rest of the mail aside, mentally reminding herself to get to it later.

She began to read the letter 'Last time we was talm bout yo fam n shit i wanna kno mo bout you forreal. Igl a nigga ain't really got no fam or shi it was me moms nd bro nem but you see I ain't talked to them since a nigga got sentenced hope I spelled dat shi rite my mans helping me write this up cause my hands be cramped and shit but ima call you and whenever you get this letter make sure you write me some back.'

She was laughing dang near the entire time reading it, she was definitely going to have to help him on writing.

Cause why is you writing 'rite' instead of 'right'. She chuckled. She opened the other letter and it was some drawings and a picture of him.

In the picture he had a nice line up and looked real clean, it looked like some type of ceremony but in jail.

"They give haircuts in jail?" She asked herself lowly as she studied the photo. She sat it on her coffee table.

She took the drawing which were lovely and sat them on the bottom shelf of her tv stand. She sat back down.

She grabbed a pencil and sheet of paper and a pen from her coffee table. She begun to write when she got a call.

She grabbed her phone and answered without hesitation, "Hello," She spoke not knowing who it was.

"You have a collect call from inmate.." before the automated voice could finish she pressed five. A smile beamed across her face.

"Hey babe." She spoke instantly, "hey mama i been thinking bout you all day." He replied with a smile.

"I read your letters, I was just writing you back!" She informed him. "Send me some pictures too." He said.

"Okay, yo birthday coming up what's yo plans?" She asked him. "Fuck you mean what's my plans? Same shit."

"Watch your tone, that's not what I meant babe don't do that. I meant like did they plan something for you? Your friends?"

"Yea I guess idk, my homie told me he got a cake from his job so that's it really." She listened to him talk.

"You not excited to be turning 30?" He smacked his teeth. "Excited for what? Ima be in jail." He was getting irritated.

"Why're you so mad Zac I'm just asking questions." She asked with a soft tone. "You asking dumb ass shit."

"Matterfact bye." He hung up on her, she looked at the phone in shock. It was the first time this had happened.

She was really pissed cause she couldn't call back. She didn't know what to do. She looked at the letter infront of her and ripped it up.

"I hate niggas who in jail bro idc." She said to herself standing up from the couch. She went to the kitchen and made her some food.

She came and turned on why did I get married to watch until she went with Danni. Her phone rung and she instantly grabbed it.

"Hey bitchhh whetssup" , she smacked her teeth hearing Danni. "Uh okay rudeness." Danni replied.

"My bad hey sis I thought- I was that nigga hell no hoe this ain't no collect call." Fatima laughed at her.

"What you doing?" Danni asked, "Girl pissed why this nigga get mad at me because I asked what he was doing for his birthday."

"Girl he in jail I would be mad too." Danni says, "I get that but he act like he can't go out in the field and throw a lil party." They both laughed.

"Then his ass gone hang up on me so I said fuck it tf." , "Uh oh don't tell me he apart of the sassy men apocalypse."

"Gotta be the leader or some, knowing I can't call back." The two laughed again at how unserious they were.

"Ima call you back cause my boo calling." They said their goodbyes and Danni hung up. Fatima checked the time.

She saw it was 2 hours until all her scheduled events so she decided to take a nap. Zac was on her mind heavy but she wasn't going to let it bother her.

She had a talk with herself about all of this happening and decided to let go and let God.