Chapter-8

Ivaara's P.O.V.

“IVAARAAAAAAAAAA!”

Aarchie’s screaming took me off guard.

“What the HELL Archie?”
“Where were you lost huh?” She had that mischievous glint in her eyes.
My eyes widened, “N-Nowhere. Umm, let’s go down and-and help aunty.”
“Aarchie, taiyaari start karlo. Meri doli uthte hi kahi Rivaansh Sir bhi baarat lekar na aajaaein!”
{Aarchie, start preparing. What if as soon as I am married, Rivaansh sir plans his too?}

I turned beetroot red and Archie started laughing.

“Ye sahi tha didi.”
{This was good didi.}
“Okay, guys. Stop it now. Come-on let’s click pictures.”

For the next half an hour, we were busy clicking solo and group pictures and then suddenly we heard the baraati music playing-

“THE BARAAT IS HERE!” I squealed and di turned red.
We made her sit down on the bed and instructed her to keep calm and rest patiently.
Then we went downstairs to welcome the baraat.
Parth Jiju stepped down the horse and walked towards where all of us were standing. He was looking hella handsome in his outfit- a creamish white sherwani with golden embroidery.

Aunty stepped forward and did Jiju’s aarti and naak-khichaayi rasam. Then the toran vidhi was done.
{Naak-Khichaai= Nose-pulling; Toran= Toucing a holy emblem with neem stick.}

After that Archie and I stepped forward. Shanya di doesn’t have siblings so it was on us to have fun with our DEAR Jiju.

“Chalo Jiju, agar aapko andar jaana hai to jaldi se nikaalo paise.” I demanded.
{C'mon Jiju, if you wanna go inside then give us our money.}

Jiju chuckled and asked us the amount to which Archie replied, “50K only.”
My eyes widened in shock and I coughed- this girl has become a goon for sure.
What was more shocking than that was the fact that Jiju ACTUALLY gave us the money. After that, everyone came inside and var puja began.
I checked the time- it was already an hour since I talked to Vansh.
“Why didn’t he come yet?” I spoke to myself. That’s when his strong cologne hit me- it is something I have never smelled before, woody, very- very masculine.
I turned towards him and caught him intently gazing at me.
I was suddenly conscious of myself, fidgeting with my dupatta and setting my hair properly.

His hands caught mine in a grip and he said, “You don’t need to worry about how you look, Vaara. I am a man who hates false-praise so trust me when I say, you can walk around wearing a sack and you will still take my breath away.”

I inhaled sharply and looked straight into his eyes. He had that look which said ‘Whatever I said is true.’.

“T-Thank you,Vansh. You- You look-”
That was when I actually noticed his outfit- He was in a white- YES WHITE- KURTA and PYJAMA.

‘GODD, he looks delicious!’
He coughed, “I will take that as a compliment, yeah?”
“WAIT, did I say it loud?” I asked with wide eyes.
He nodded, smirking.
Kanhaji, kill me RIGHT NOW!!!!

“I-I g-gotta go. Du-duties.” I stammered, making him chuckle.
I turned to leave, then turned back again and said-
“Vansh?”
“Hmm?”
“You should smile more.”
With that I ran away.
………………………………

Rivaansh’s P.O.V.

“There is something wrong with bhai.”
“Obviously, look at him smiling like an idiot even in his sleep.”
“Do you think we should call a doctor? We should definitely call a doctor?”