Chapter-10

Ivaara’s P.O.V.

I am getting married on 31st July. FUCK, it sounds like a dream come true- Harry Potter’s birthday and our wedding anniversary would be the same day. Moreover, it’s already 21st June today. Five days from now and I will be engaged to the King of Ajmer. This IS a huge change- beautiful but huge. I know Vansh will be by my side, but what if I make a mistake? It won’t affect just mine, but also the whole family’s reputation. AHHHHH Enough overthinking for one day!
I went towards the mandap and the fere were about to start.

{During fere, the bride and groom take seven rounds around the holy fire, taking seven vows of togetherness, honesty,and responsibility.}

I still cannot believe that Shanya di is getting married- It was six months ago when she excitedly called Archie and I to inform that jiju proposed her. She even started designing our clothes instantly and we all have been excited since then. But they say it right- marrying off your best-friends is like a preparation for marrying off your daughter.

My eyes were already watering. With every round around the holy fire, the glow on di’s face brightened itself and then, it was suddenly time for jiju to finally make her ‘his’. Archie and I together stepped forwards and lifted di’s maangtika up so that jiju could fill her maang, which he did and a tear of contentment left her eyes. We hooted for them and then he tied the mangalsutra around her neck, sealing the bond of their marriage. It was time for some fun now. I went back to the place where I had hidden Jiju’s joote and took it back with me.

“Jiju, Joooottttteeeeeeeee!” I spoke in an extra sweet voice.

“Haa haaa Saali-saahiba. Milega aapko neg. Maango jo maangna hai.”
{Yes, yes, sister-in-law. Ask what you want, you will get it.}

“Umm, ek contract hai- bas sign kar dijie aur joote aapke.”
{We have a contact-just sign it and the shoes are yours.}

We handed the paper to Jiju. The contents were-

The Wedding Shoes Contract

1. You’ll always keep your room clean (This is for your benefit because didi’s OCD if kicked in, will kick YOU out of your own room.).
2. You will sponsor Archie’s art supplied one a month.
3. You will give Ivaara a set of books of her choice every month.
4. You’ll take di on art dates every week.
5. Every Sunday, di will have a conference call with us and you will NOT disturb us then.
6. You’ll never make her cry.

Jiju and everyone else laughed their asses off for a good couple of minutes before he signed the contract. Frm beside him, Abhi joked, “Parth, this has to be the most profitable deal you ever signed.”
‘Note the sarcasm.’

He laughed it off and then the priest announced, “It’s time for vidai.”

The atmosphere turned gloomy all of a sudden. The groom’s family and the guests went on one side, leaving space for us. We stood in a line and one by one, everyone said their goodbyes to didi. As our turn came, the three of us started sobbing loudly and hugged each other. To lighten the mood, Archie said-

“Toh didi, honeymoon ke kya plans hai- taiyaariya to ho gayi hai na?”
{So, di, what have you planned for your honeymoon? Everything set?}

We chuckled and that was when I informed them- "Ranaji and I are getting engaged on 26th and married next month on 31st.”

Their eyes went wide and we hugged again.

“I am so happy for you Ivaara.” Di said.
“Thanks di. I am- I am happy too.”
“Haaa, haaa, pata h didi, texting wexting chal rahi thi dono ki.”
“Aaaarchie, shut up.”I flicked her forehead and with a final laugh, di left.

“Ivie sun I am leaving with Abhi, okay?”
“Ooooohooooo! Nice nice- jaa. Mai v bhai ke saath jaaungi.”
{Ooooooh!  Go, Go, I will also go with bhai.}

She left and I looked around. I spotted bhai and bhabhi sitting with vansh and his siblings, so I went and took a chair from the nearby chair to drag it along when a hand stopped me.
It was Sunny.

“You don’t need to, Bhabhi-sa. I will do it.” He took the chair from me and placed it between bhai and Vansh. I took my seat and rested my head on the back of the chair.
Next I know, I opened my eyes in a car.

“Good morning.”

What?

“Vansh? Why am I in your car?”
He chuckled, “Because I wanted to drive you home Vaara.”

I nodded, feeling my face heat up. Every time he calls me Vaara, it just feels so special.

“Will you- go out with me tomorrow?”

He asked and my head jerked towards him. Date??

“I mean, we are getting engaged in five days and we don’t know much about each other so-”
“I will.” I cut him off.
“What?”He asked, surprised.
“I will come on a date with you.”
“Thank you Vaara. Be ready at 9:00 a.m.?”
“Cool- where are we going?”
“It’s a surprise.” He smirked AGAIN....!

“Vansh, please? How will I figure out what to wear if you don’t tell me where do I have to dress for.” I gave him my best puppy eyes.

“Wear traditional.” He replied. “And yeah, no matter how cute you look right now, your puppy eyes won’t ruin my date-plans.”

“Stop smirking, Ranaji. Also, I wear traditional only. So I will need more details to figure it out.”
“Just something comfortable, Ivaara. Wear whatever you like.”
“Ughhh, fine.” I huffed and muttered in a low voice, “Khadoos!”
“I heard that, Vaara.” He said as a matter-of-fact-ly and I struck my tongue out at him.

"Like I said- Cute.” He complimented me, making me blush.
As we reached my home, he got down, opened the door for me and I stepped out.

“Good-night, Vansh.” I said looking into his eyes.
“Good night, Vaara.” He replied back, looking into mine.

First things first, sorry for the late update....I dozed off...
Coming back to the chapter- Aahhhh, Vansh is such a tease....
Btw guys, leave ur votes and comments....
Will see u on Thursday...
Follow my insta I'd pixie_books10 for reels on the couple...

Until next time,
Love y'all ❣️