Chapter-32

Ivaara's P.O.V.

I spent my morning with the Chauhaan ladies, chilling and preparing lunch. After making sure that the men had their lunch sent to the office, the rest of us had our food and then I went to my room- I have to college hunt, huff!

By the time I was done with shortlisting the best five open universities I was gonna apply for, it was already time for us to prepare dinner.

'Okay, Raani Saahiba, ab padhaane k lie colleges kal dhoondh lena.'

I went downstairs and found Maa working alone in the kitchen.

“Maa, why are you working alone? Let me help you.” I said, taking the knife from her hand and cutting the veggies.

Maa just chuckled and then proceeded to prepare the tadka. Today after a long while, we were having Maa’s special chholle kulche  along with my special rasmalaai and Khushi Bhabhi’s bhel puri. And the best part was that Mr. you-should-not-eat-junk-food Chauhaan himself had suggested Maa to make chhole kulche- I know guys, I have a good impact on Raanaji’s life, haha.

After making sure all the ingredients were sorted for maa and bhabhi’s dishes, I started preparing dessert. Around 8:00, we were all done with the cooking and the males were also about to reach. We plated everything and set the dining table. Within fifteen minutes, everyone arrived back home and we were all seated to taste the delicacies.

Dinner was a bustle of various talks until Urvi- of course- decided to change the topic.

“Okay so guys, we have a fest at our college and the theme is Bollywood Western. We are allowed to bring family and friends so you all need to pick your outfits. No excuses- everyone will dress up lavishly.”

Her announcement made me still and suddenly I had lost my appetite.

“Beta, how will we wear western. Plus, think about your daadisa  atleast.” Maa said, completely flustered. I saw Papa giving her teasing glances and awed at the couple. 

“What do you mean Bahu? Speak for yourself- I am not that old that I cannot wear western. And I have never and will never stop my daughters from wearing whatever they like.” Daadisa deadpanned and then it was decided that we were going to shop tomorrow- A Chauhaans’ Day out.

I felt Vansh’s eyes on me and that was it. A drop of tear left my eye followed by another and I immediately excused myself and ran back to my room. I could hear everyone calling out for me and I knew Vansh was right behind but I couldn’t talk to them right now.

Right as I was about to dash into the washroom, a strong pair of arms wrapped around me and it won’t take rocket-science to realize who it was.

“Vaara, we decided to talk about everything right?”

I nodded.

“So tell me baccha, what happened?”

“I-I don’t wear-”

“Western. I know. Now try again and tell me why.” He said calmly"

I just shook my head and tried to pull away but who am I kidding. This man is a mountain. Giving up, I decided to unfold another cover of pain off my heart.

“Vansh he- he used to tell me h-how good I- I looked dressed in those dresses. Just- just like his- his f-fuck-doll. I- I feel dirty and ugly every time I see a western dress Vansh, I-”

Vansh’s body stiffened at my words and his hold around me tightened in a way that made me scared- scared not for myself but of the thought that Vansh would kill that man if he ever saw him. Trust me, I don’t care about that monster one bit but I don’t want any danger on Vansh.

After a while, he pulled back only to cup my cheeks as if I was a baby.

“Vaara, he is gone- for good okay? You are one hell of a woman, baby. So strong, so wonderful that you can bring me on my knees. You don’t let any words that asshole said get to you, hmm?”

I nodded.

“Come with us to shopping, try on if you like something and see if you are comfortable. If not, it’s still okay. But try, will you baccha?”

I didn’t say anything right then. Maybe because I was silent for too long, he just pecked my forehead, held my head and took me to the bed. In his arms, I forgot every worry of mine and slept.

“Vaaraaaaa. Vaara wake up or Urvi will create a ruckus.”

“Ugh Vansh stop irritating me. I wanna sleeeeeeep.” I groaned.

“Vaaara up or I will dump you right into the bathtub.”

Who knows what has gotten into this man. Where is the gentleman I married?

“He is right here Raanisa, waiting for his Queen to stop acting like a child.”

My eyes snapped open. I said that loud, I know it. As my eyes landed on him, I realsied he is all ready and that means I am gonna be late. I immediately rushed into the bathroom and came out fifteen minutes later, dressed in an orange suit. I hastily wore a pair of small jhumkas with orange beads, a bindi and then Vansh applied my vermillion.

 I hastily wore a pair of small jhumkas with orange beads, a bindi and then Vansh applied my vermillion

This time when we stepped outside with everyone, Vansh’s words from yesterday were still playing in my mind

Heeyyy you guys, here's another chapter....
Do lemme know how it is....?
Until next time,
Love y'all...❣️❣️