Chapter-22

Ivaara’s P.O.V.

Ever since I was a child, I have dreamt of marrying a Prince in a red lehenga, wholesome jewellery, and lots of fun. For some reasons, these dreams of mine were locked up in a box since a few years. But now when I am living it in reality, I realize that my destiny is far more beautiful that what I dreamt of.

I was all set to meet my King in a ruby red wedding lehenga with intricate embroidery adorning it. Daadisa had gone all out for my jewellery- I still remember how she was hesitating to ask me to wear heavy jewellery since I was going to be the Queen. I tell you all, Chauhaans are all sweethearts.

Just as I finished getting ready, my family and both my girls entered and the air around us thickened with all the emotions

Bhai rushed and took me in his arms and weeped like a baby.

“I will never ever tease you, Witch. Just stay with me.”

I broke down in his arms as well and clutched him like I would die the moment I let go.

“You all only wanted to- to ma-marry me off.” I complained.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I pulled away from bhai only to be engulfed by Baba.

“I will always love you the most, princess. Remember this, okay?”

I nodded, finding my peace in his embrace.

“Yaaar Uncle aur bhaiya, dus hazaar ka makeup hai- dus minute to chalne do. Jis tarah se rulaa re ho aaplog is ladki ko, abhi hi sab dhul jaaega.”
{Yaar Uncle and brother, if you will make her cry this much, the ten thousand worth makeup wont last even ten minutes.}

All of us laughed at the comment and guess who made it? Yep, Archie!
I looked at mumma and bhabhi who were shedding silent tears and I went to hug them too. Then, Mumma asked everyone except me to get down because the baraat was about to reach.

Giving me some snacks and water, they left and I started to feel nervous again. Soon, the baraat’s noise was heard along with gunshots and I snickered- CRAZY CHAUHAANS.
One thing I was sure about was the fact that Archie and Di were gonna rob Vansh today. Well, fair enough!
After what seemed like an eternity, Baba, Bhai, Di, Archie, bhabhi, Parth jiju and bhai’s best friend entered.

“Chal witch, tera Harry aagaya.” Bhai said and I smiled shyly.
We had decided that baba, bhai, jiju and his friend will hold the phoolon ki chaadar over my head and di, Archie and bhabhi will walk with me under it.

So, we entered the hall, with Kudmayi song playing in the background and I was so shy that I couldn’t lookup even after knowing that he was looking at me.

“Iva, beta dekh to le Yuvraaj ko

“Iva, beta dekh to le Yuvraaj ko. Wo to bade pyaar se nihaar raha hai tujhe!”
{Iva, child look at Yuvraj for once, He is looking at you with so much love.}

I blushed red and slowly lifted my gaze. The moment my brown eyes collided with his hazel ones, everything blurred. It was just us- nothing else mattered at that moment- My king was looking far more better in his white sherwani than any other prince charming. His outfit had intricate leaf embroidery in red along with a red shawl, pagdi and red and white pearl haar.

 His outfit had intricate leaf embroidery in red along with a red shawl, pagdi and red and white pearl haar

“Jaan lene ka iraada hai, Vaara?” He whispered and I looked down again in an attempt to hide my blush.

“Aap- aapbhi bahaut hi zada- zada acchhe dikh rahe hai, Vansh.”

He just tilted my chin up and smiled. We did the varmaala and sat down for the puja. When baba and maa came to do my kanyadaan, I couldn’t help my tears but I felt Vansh’s hold on my hand tighten, providing me some strength. After some time, panditji asked us to stand up for the fere and he helped me with my dress, making my heart swell with respect. As we sat down after the feras, a sense of responsibility filled me.

“Maharaaj, vadhu ki maang me sindoor bhar dijie.”

{Dear king, now fill the vermillion in the bride's partition.}
Vansh turned towards me and di and Archie came forward to lift my maangtika up.

He held a pinch of vermillion and brought it closer to my maang but then stopped, making me furrow my brows.

“Aap sure hai na, Raanisa? Humaare parivaar ke ya mere, kisi ke bhi usulon ka hissa nahi hai talaak. Agar aap peechhe hatna chaahti hai, to abhi aakhri mauka hai.”
{Are you sure, Raanisa? Neither my family’s nor my morals support divorce. If you wanna back away, it’s your last chance.}

NOW, I was mad. Why does this man ask me to back away every time.

“MR. RIVANSH SINGH CHAUHAAN, agar AAPKO shaadi nahi karni, to aap jaaiye. Mai kahi nahi jaa rahi.”
{If YOU don’t want to marry me, go away. I am not going anywhere.}

With a toothy grin, he filled my maang and a good amount of it fell on my nose, making me close my eyes in contentment.

Everyone cheered and we took the blessings of our elders.

Baba came forward and joined his hands in front of Daadaji and said, “Uncle, Ihave tried my best to make the arrangements so that there are no inconveniences. Still, if we made any mistakes, I apolo-”

“Shaant.” {Quiet!}

Daadaji said and then hugged baba.
“You are like my son Veer, which already makes Ivaara my grand-daughter. You don’t have to apologize for anything here. I got your daughter married to my grandson. We will all have dinner together and then I will take MY daughter back home.”

Daadaji’s statement made Baba tear up and I clutched Vansh’s hand to control myself. He understood and just rubbed my palms, giving me assurance.

We all had our dinner and the finally, the most dreaded part of any wedding arrived- my Vidaai.

I'm crying rn guys.....finally my babies are married.....
Okaay see u in the next chapter.....
Vote, share, comment and follow....
Until next time,
Love y'all ❤️