Chapter-9

Ivaara’s P.O.V.

It was time to get didi downstairs. Archie and I did some touch-up on her over-all look and then we started walking downstairs.

“I am scared, guys.” Di whispered.
“Don’t be di, just look into Jiju’s eyes. He is watching you with so much of affection.” I assured her.

“Aise bhi koi khaane thori aaya hai aapko di!” Archie joked.
{Anyways di, no-one has come here to eat you.}

When di looked up and locked her eyes with Jiju, her face relaxed and a smile appeared on her face. I always wonder how it must feel to walk down the aisle- towards the man of your dreams. As we escorted di to the mandap, I gave jiju a playful wink.

“Lijie Jiju, sambhaal lijie apni almost biwi ko.”
{Here you go, brother-in-law, now handle your almost wife.}

They did the var-maala and sat down for the puja. My eyes looked around for Vansh and there he was- sitting on a chair at the bar-counter, drinking.
I walked towards him.

“Whiskey?”
His head jerked towards me and then he smiled, “Yeah.”

Somewhere I felt as if something wasn’t right. He looked too rigid and his usual aura which is calmed and composed, today screamed chaos.

Sitting on another chair, I took his hand in mine.
“Kyaa hua hai Vansh? Aap bataa sakte hai mujhe.” I spoke gently.
{What happened Vansh. You can tell me.}

He took a deep breath and said, “Humaara bhi past hai, Ivaara. I- I had-”
{Even I have a past, Ivaara.}

He shook his head and left from there.
I know a girl would feel bad about this gesture but, I didn't. He didn't go away from me, he is just hiding his emotions, which he was failing at. I could feel his pain radiating off him.

‘I promise Vansh, I will lift your mood up.’

...................................................

Rivaansh’s P.O.V.

Fuck! All Vaara did was show concern for me and what did I do in return? I fucking left from there. She didn’t deserve that- I need to- I need to apologize to her.

But where did she go? Is she mad at me? Fuck, is she HURT?

“RAANA RIVAANSH SINGH CHAUHAAAN!”

This man is so dead today. Turning around, I gave him a deadly glare, “Why the fuck do you have to be so loud, Karmakar?”

“Woah woah hold your horses old man. Your family has arrived and they are asking for you.”

Giving him a curt nod, I left and found my family with the Sharmas. Vaara was there, sitting with Aariv of her lap. Seeing me come, she immediately turned quiet.

FUCK YOU RIVAANSH! You messed up real bad.

Greeting her family, I took a seat.
“Rivaansh Beta, Pandit-ji has given us two sets of dates- Engagement on 26th and then marriage next month on either 20th or 31st. Now you both decide which one you want, okay?”

“Ji maa.” Maa, give me a mangalsutra and a pinch of sindoor- I will marry her right NOW!
{Yes mom.}

I looked at Vaara and she gave me a small smile. Motioning her to come with me, I addressed my parents.

“Maa, Dad, I need to discuss a few things with Abhi. I will meet you guys later okay?”

They nodded and I left, sitting at the bar counter again.
In about five minutes, Vaara came and sat beside me.

“What happened, Vansh?”

With a deep inhale, I started.
“The fact that I am a king must give you the impression that I am strong- scared of nothing, but NO Ivaara.” I could feel myself losing my calm- it was as if someone was sucking air out of my lungs.

But the next moment Vaara did something I didn’t expect her to. She wrapped her arms around me and placed her head near my heart.

“I am here with you Vansh, no matter what comes our way. Whatever you’re scared of, you can tell me about it- and even if you don’t- it doesn’t matter. I will always be there for you on the days when you feel weak, when you are scared.”

My eyes felt heavy and somewhere deep inside my barren heart, a rose bloomed- a rose that signified one thing- THIS BEAST is falling for his BEAUTY!
“Tha-Thank you, Vaara. Thank you for coming in my life.”
Her heart was beating fast and maybe it was because of our close proximity but there was something else too- something I didn't like because her hands were shivering a little.

“I should be the one thanking YOU, Vansh. Are you- okay now?”

I nodded with a huge grin on my face, “Never been better. Now tell me, which date?”

“Huh?” She asked, confused.
“Wedding date.” I clarified and her lips formed an ‘O’ shape.

‘And you wanna kiss that ‘O’ out of her don’t you?’ My conscience mocked which I ignored.

“Umm, di and jiju will return from their honeymoon around 23rd. So they won’t make it to 20th. So…..31st?” She seemed nervous.

I nodded with a smile, ”Of-course. Decided then?”
She grinned, “It’s a deal, Mr. Chauhaan.”
“Deal it is then, Mrs. Chauhaan.” I whispered and she turned cherry red, making me chuckle.

“I-I am not Mrs. Chuhaan.”
“Yet.”

With a shaky breath, she ran away. Uff, my Angel is so shy.

A chapter with a little bit of a deep conversation between our leads....
I saw yesterday that my book reached 1.12k reads and I just wanted to thank you all...
So an extra update for everyone!

Enjoy.....
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.....

Until tomorrow,
Love y'all...!