Chapter-23

Rivaansh's P.O.V.

I noticed during the dinner that Vaara had very little food. But I was also aware of the fact that she must be going through a whirlwind of emotions- in a snap of fingers, she is going to leave her family, he room, her house. Deciding to make her eat later, I gave her the space she needed.

As the vidaai commenced, Vaara started weeping uncontrollably, hugging her family members and talking in muffled voices. She was continuously asking everyone to keep her with them and it ached my heart to see her in such a vulnerable state. But then, as she hugged her best-friends, the three of them started laughing loudly. From the corner of my eye, I saw Abhi and Parth looking at their girls with love and it warmed my heart. I wish we would look at each other the same way soon- maybe I already do.

Then, Veer uncle came to me with Ivaara clutching him and gave her hand in mine.

“Yuvraaj, naazon se paala hai humne ise. Shaayad kabhi ye bhul bhi jaate the ki jab beti se bahu banegi to ise kuchh aadatein badalni padengi. My princess has no idea how to be a Queen but she will always stay by your side. All I request from you is to treat her with a little softness and patience and she will learn everything in no time.”
{Yuvraaj, we have raised our daughter with so much pampering that we used to forget sometimes that she would one day become someone's daughter-in-law and will have to change a few habits.}

A single drop of tear left my eyes realizing how hard it must be for them to send their daughter off. Touching his feet, I gave him a smile.

“Veer Uncle- no, Paapa, I promise you- if not more, we will treat Ivaara with at least the same love and respect she has received from you all. Also, what does a Queen have to do? Love her kingdom, stand by her king, support him and prevent him from making wrong decisions. All these qualities are filled in your daughter’s heart, Papa. Before a king, I will be her husband and before being her husband, I will be her friend. Don’t worry Papa, Ivaara Sharma is only changing her surname and home- she will still be the same.”

Ivaara’s hold tightened on my hand and a smile adorned her face. With a final nod, we sat in the car and left for our palace.

Taking a bottle of water and some tissue papers, I passed them to Vaara. Her face was tear-stricken and eyes red from crying but she smiled as she accepted those from me.

“Vaara?”
“Hmm?”
“You can visit them anytime, you know that right?”

For a moment, she didn’t reply but her next words warmed my cold heart.

“I don’t doubt this in the slightest Vansh. I cried because I was leaving something behind- but there also was a glow and smile on my face. That was the symbol of reassurance- reassurance that I was going from one safe place to another. I am not at all worried about that Vansh.”

I was tongue tied and maybe she didn’t even require an answer from me, ‘coz she just rested her head on my shoulder and sleep took her over.

Ivaara’s P.O.V.

I felt someone nudging my shoulder and shaking their hand away, I snuggled more into my pillow- it was different though. This pillow was harder but more comfortable. Hearing a manly chuckle, I woke up with a start and looked around to find myself in a car.

‘FUCK! WHY DO I ALWAYS SLEEEP?’

I turned to see Vansh looking at me with so much softness as if I was a china doll which could break. Noticing my surroundings, I realized we had arrived at the Chauhaan villa and my nervousness spiked in- My new home, full of new people and new responsibilities.

Subconsciously, I started picking the skin off my fingers but they were immediately pulled apart by Vansh.

“No, Vaara. I am with you, don’t be nervous.”
“Vansh, I don’t know how things work here.”
“We all will teach you.”
“What if I make mistakes?”
“We will guide you.”
“What if I-”
“Shhhhhh, Vaara. Thoda aaraam dijie apne dimaag ki rail ko.” He said, placing his hand over my mouth.
{Shhhh, Vaara. Give this train of your thoughts some rest.}

I nodded and he removed his hand, passing me a bottle of water from the beverage holder. The cool water freshened up my whole self and he got down the car, coming to my side and opening the door for me.

I held the hand he had forwarded for me and got down. With his presence assuring me in the best possible way, we walked towards the entrance where the whole family was waiting for our arrival. I completed the griha-pravesh rituals including kicking the rice kalash, walking with aalta-covered feet inside the house, and picking up those plates without making any noise- and then daadi-maa gathered all of us for the ring finding ceremony.

On the centre was a round vessel full of milk and rose petals. We sat on the opposite sides and Daadi –maa came forward.

“Ivaara-Rivaansh, I am putting this ring inside the vessel. Whoever finds it first wins. We will play this game for three rounds and remember- the one who wins this ritual has the upper hand in marriage.”

Everyone laughed at that while I looked at the huge smirk plastered on Vansh’s face that made me want to punch him. I smirked back at him and gave him a wink.

I know, too bold of me. But in no way am I losing this game and inflating his already Oh-so-large balloon of ego.
As daadi gave us the thumbs up, we put our hands in the vessel and I started to search for the ring. But my mind was occupied with Vansh’s hand touching mine and making me feel weird things in my stomach. I looked and found him smiling devilishly.

‘Okay Mr. Chauhaan. Game is on now.’

I gathered up all the self control I had in me and then my fingers wrapped around the ring- with a squeal I pulled I out and my team- daadu, papa, chhote papa, Adwait bhaiya and Sunny bhaiya hooted for me.

I smiled at my victory and my heart warmed up seeing the welcoming nature of everyone. Vansh won the rest two rounds making me groan inwardly. I had a pout on my face as daadi said-

“Toh Ivaara beta, are you ready to be ruled by your king?”

Before I could reply, Vansh said something that made me tear up thinking how lucky I was to have him.

“A king can rule the entire world, but at the end of the day, the Queen rules his heart. I can never rule someone who already rules me, Daadi.”

Seeing my tears, Vansh pulled me in a hug making me blush hard. Multiple gasps were heard but he royally ignored everything.

I pulled away and noticed everyone’s shocked expressions. Vansh smiled at me and I smiled back. We did the kalaawa opening ritual and then daadi asked him to take me to his room in his arms, to which he again replied- “Our room Daadi, our room.”

Okay here it is.....We are now about to begin the married life of #ivaansh.....

Pls pls pls show ur love people....
It hurts not to get any appreciation for the efforts I put in...
Even if I'm ruining a story, tell that to me on my face...

Vote, comment and share people...also follow?

See ya next time....
Love y'all ❣️