Thirty-Two

Minho dropped by the bakery. Even if no one remembered or cared, he still wanted to celebrate it alone.

Minho looked at all the cakes, examining which one he would want to eat. Looking through all of the cakes one had caught his eyes.

It was a white, one layered cake, the borders of it on the bottom had grass patterns and mini carrots made of frosting. On top of the cake was a bunny holding a carrot. As a finishing touch there were clouds on the sides of the cake in a light blue tone. All the cake needed was a happy birthday wording and a candle.

Turning to the owner, "Can I get this one please?" Minho asked gently to the old woman who worked there.

"Of course, do you want some lettering on there?" She asked, smiling, having her wrinkles appear a little more.

"Yes please."

"Alright then, what would you like it to say?"

"Happy Birthday Minnie." Minho looked at the lady.

"Minnie? Is it your girlfriend's name?"

"Uh no..."

"Your friends?" She asked while writing the sentence on the cake using the frosting cone.

"It's a nickname my mother gave me."

"Oh it's your birthday dear?"

"Yeah..." Minho barely spoke.

"Happy birthday darling, have a wonderful birthday." The woman wished him as she carefully handed the boxed cake in a pink packaging to Minho.

"T-thank you." Minho bowed before leaving.

He left the cozy looking baker heading his way home. The bakery was quite close to his apartment so it wasn't much long of a walk.

What if Hyunjin was there?

Let's just go somewhere else...

Minho changed courses heading to his safe spot. On his way he picked up a candle and lighter.

— — —

"Have you seen Minho?" Chan asked his advisor, the old man.

"I believe his shift ended your majesty."

"Shit.. it's pretty dark already."

"Would you like me to prepare a carriage-"

"No, that's too long, I'll just take a horse."

"Alright," his advisor bowed to him before leaving.

Chan left the castle making his way to the horse stable. A black horse was waiting for him, berry.

Chan got up on the horse, riding through the city.

— —

Minho found a nice rock to set the cake on, he thankfully remembered to grab a knife on his way. He took the cute cake out of its packaging carefully placing it on the rock.

Minho took the candle and stuck it on the cake, it was a white candle matching the cake. Minho took out his lighter and lit up the candle.

The sight was beautiful, the cake was in front of the city at night. Minho wished he could save this memory.

Minho started to sing to himself.

"Happy birthday day to you, happy birthday to you-"

A new voice started to sing along.

"Happy birthday dear bunny.." The moment Minho heard that nickname he turned around to see Chan on a black horse.

"Why are you here?"