Thirty-Nine

Get ready for an emotional ride~...... IM SORRY IN ADVANCE

— —

4 months later....

Ivory was dining with the married couple today, it was several days past her due date. The baby hadn't left any signs, nothing.

Chan was worried for the baby while Minho stood silent. He wondered how things would be once the baby was born, is Ivory gonna join them now?

Please no. Minho internally begged. His job as a guardsman was over, and Hyunjin and Felix were no longer in a small apartment. The best friends shared a house where Changbin and Jisung visited often. Everything was going well, but this.

A baby was going to change everything. The past few months went by like a breeze. But today felt different. Not your typical normal day. The vibe, of the kingdom was quiet, far too quiet.

But when Minho left the castle on his horse, everything was normal. The people lived happily. Nothing was bothering them, so what was bothering Minho so much? Was it the baby?

"I swear something feels so off," Minho whispered to himself as he made his way back to the castle.

— — — —

"Chan, there's something off.... Like really off." Jisung sounded almost scared.

"Why? What's wrong." The kangaroo-like male asked.

"Well.... Jisung and I haven't found the spies yet. But it's today."

"What's today?" Chan asked worried.

"There was a telegram sent, we happened to come across it luckily." Beomgyu's voice descended.

"But what's today?" Chan angrily spoke, his eyes turning cold.

"An attack." The moment the words left Beomgyu's mouth a bomb was blasted near the walls of the kingdom.

"What the fuck."

"GET EVERYONE SAFE!" Jisung yelled before leaving, he needed to go find Hyunjin. Of course, Changbin joined him.

Beomgyu stuck with Chan worried for the older and Celestia.

"What is going on Chan?" The king spoke as he saw Chan making his way near him.

"Varahn," Chan said before running out, Beomgyu ran following his king.

"Where's Minho?" Chan asked his advisor who was panicking.

"The y-young k-king.... He left the castle just a little while ago." The advisor spoke genuinely worried.

"What? Why would you let him leave?" Chan yelled angrily.

"He said he felt something wrong today, he wanted to check up on the-"

Chan didn't bother to listen to the rest of the sentence, running after wherever Minho could be, and still, Beomgyu followed.

But on his way to leave the castle he heard another bomb blow, the screams of horror were echoing through his head. But he was stopped by guards.

"What the fuck is it?" He growled.

"Ms.Ivory's water broke." The guard panicked.

"What?" Chan took a while to process everything. So many things were happening all at once, too fast for him.

"Beomgyu, go find Minho." Chan turned to his friend for his approval. Beomgyu nodded reassuring Chan he would find him. And again, another bomb blew. Chan looked out the window to see soldiers walking into the kingdom dressed in Black and red..... The colors of Varahn.