45. Happy Moment

Last chapter 3400+ words!!!! (this time I am not kidding) 

To unlock the epilogue this one needs 1k votes! Do comment and share with your reader friends! LOVE YA ALL!!!!

----------------------------------------

Mahi's POV:

"Don't you like it?" Mom asked with a hint of nervousness in her voice. I looked up from the masala dosa she made specially for me.

"It's.... It's good" I replied, looking back at the food on my plate.

"Then you should eat one more." Dad smiled and mom served me one more dosa.

"Of course the hungry bird loves Masala dosa. Di why not get 3?" I glared at Rohan and he showed his hand, zipping his lips.

"Don't tease your sister Rohan. We won't be able to save you if she runs after you." Grandpa said as he took a sip of his sugar free tea. Everyone started laughing and I just kept looking at them.

It's been years I dreamt of this kind of morning. Everyone together and most importantly happy. It's been 2 months since they moved back to Mumbai.

Dad is operating his business from Mumbai now and mom opened a new branch of her restaurant here. Grandpa gave all the responsibility of handling the orphanage to his close friend.

Initially mom was going to handle that but she decided she wants to live here with all of us together, with me. Rohan shifted to our university in Mumbai and he seems to be enjoying it here.

The house is mostly filled with laughter these days. Dad avoids going to the office on weekends and we have been spending a lot of time together, he even plays video games with me and Rohan.

Mom even took me shopping with Aparna aunty. Both the ladies went crazy looking at the dresses in the showroom and they ended up buying 12 pieces for me.

They really want to transform my whole closet from black, white and blues to a whole freaking unicorn world.

Honestly all this feels nostalgic to me. All this used to happen when I was a kid but it still feels new and may be good.

I am still not completely used to all the care and love they are showering but they are trying and I think I should also try moving a step toward them.

My mind still sometimes mocks me for believing this. What if their love is just a drama and nothing is real? What if all this is a dream and when I will wake up everything will vanish? What if they leave again?

But my heart says otherwise. It pushes me toward them. It convinces me to trust them. They are going to stay beside me and all this is real. They did wrong, but now if they are trying I will not push them away.

I decided to give them a chance because what I felt in the past two months with them is beautiful and now everything feels complete. I feel happy and I think that's enough for now.

Last week we went to Goa for our family weekend. Dad invited Aparna aunty and Kabir as well but he had an important event in Udaipur to attend so he left but he is coming back today.

Thinking of that, it's also been 2 months since Shreya's incident happened. She hired a lawyer for her after she was arrested. The case was filed and she was declared guilty by the court. She was released after she paid the fine for defamation.

But things were not that easy for her. The producers of the movie removed her from the project. She lost all the contracts she had. The media didn't let her live peacefully even for a day and the public response was even worse.