Chapter 2

I wake up and unlock the door. In the living room I see Molly. "Raven?" She asks, "Molly!" I shout. She gets up and we hug for a long time, "You're back," I say. "Don't worry Johanna told me about everything and I hope you know I was under a serum I never meant anything I said," she says. I nod, "I know," I tell her.

It's been so long since I've seen her. I never imagined we'd ever be reunited. "C'mon, let's get breakfast," she says, and leads me to a building with around twenty people inside. I see Peter, "Hey," he says. He walks up to us, "Peter, this is Molly," I say. They shake hands and we go into a line to get food.

Marlene stands in front of me, next to her is my mom. "Look who's finally up," she says. I reach my hand to grab a piece of bread, "I wouldn't eat that," Marlene says. She grabs two muffins, she puts one on her tray and gives one to me, "This is so much better," she says.

"Thanks," I say. I laugh as she grabs one more for herself, "Just in case I loose one," she smiles. Molly and I sit at a table with Peter and Caleb. "Hey," Caleb says, I smile. "Why are people saying not to eat the bread?" I ask, "Because it has the peace serum in it, it'll make you all giddy," Caleb answers.

This feels so peaceful. Go figure, we're in Amity. Johanna walks into the room and everyone goes silent. "Hello everyone. As you know we have three Levvergents among us. Don't worry they are perfectly safe. But we must fight against the Bureau. I need some volunteers to join my army," she says.

Tobias stands up, "I'll join," he says. My mom stands up, "Me too." Peter joins, then Christina, then Uriah, then a few people I don't know. I stand up, "I want in," I say. "No you don't," Tobias says, "Yes I do," I insist. Molly stands up, "I'm in," she says. Marlene stands up too. Caleb is the last to stand up.

"All of you are to meet me in my office in five minutes," Johanna says. She leaves and the noise of people talking rises. Tobias walks to my table, "You're not going," he says. "Oh yes I am," I snap, Caleb gets up and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Don't," he says, I peel his hands off my shoulders. "I'm going," I say.

Everyone who agreed to join gets up to go to Johanna's office, including me. "Thank you all, for being brave enough to join," she says "most of you were from Dauntless and are trained to fight. But you will still be put through training."

"Why?" Uriah asks, "This is my army Mr. Pedrad, I make the rules," Johanna answers. Johanna passes us all slips of paper. "What's this?" A boy asks, "Your schedules and roles," Johanna says, "you're each going to have positions in this 'army.'" I read my card and it reads:

Fighter.