Chapter 19

"Raven," is the first thing he says, and I can feel a tear on my cheek. He gets up and hugs me tighter than I've ever been hugged in my life. "I told you I'd bring you back," I say. He smiles and hugs his mom. "So now I need to get up to date on everything," he says.

"A lot has happened" I say and explain everything. Johanna leaves to help the people from the bureau. Jared stares at me for a while, "Do I look different?" I ask, "it's only been a month and a half." Jared stares quietly for a while longer, "What a month and a half can do to someone," he says.

"What's changed?" I ask. "Everything," he says, "you're much more logical but at the same time more damaged. I can see the redness in your eyes from you crying yourself to sleep. And I can see your personality has matured." He wraps an arm around my shoulder and we walk to the cafeteria.

Peter and Molly stand up when they see him. We walk over to them and Peter right away smiles. "Hey man, glad you're back," he says. Jared hugs him then hugs Molly.

Maya and Grant walk up to our table, "Molly!" They say and run up to her. She gets up and hugs them, "I'm gonna be with them if you need me," Molly says. I feel Jared squeeze my hand and I feel something I haven't felt in a long time. True happiness.

I look at him and he places a finger over scratches on my face, "Do you need medicine or something?" He asks. "I'm fine thank you," I say. His presence made all my pain escape my body.

Peter stares at us and laughs, "You guys have to date when you turn fifteen," he says. Jared smiles at me, "You never know," he says. "Attention, may the people who were part of my army stand," I hear Johanna say over the loudspeaker. I stand.

She continues, "Please clap for these people who just earlier today fought and won a battle against the bureau. Now many of you may be wondering, 'what do we do now?' So here's your answer: we're finding the the rest of the world."