Chapter 15

Kendall walks up to me, "Look I'm not in the mood to get yelled at right now," I say. "I'm not going to yell at you," she says, "look, tomorrow we're going to the Bureau and we're going to be partners. I guess I'm going to have to at least tolerate you." "Uh, thanks?" I say. I follow her to her living quarters so we can look over the maps and code books.

"Why are all the codes numbers?" She asks, "It's quicker to say," I answer. I read them over, which doesn't take long since there isn't too many. I've never had to study for anything in my entire life. It's not as hard as I thought it was. We pick up the map. I only know a little bit of it, though. But I only know the prisoner cafeteria, and a few hallways.

"So we have to get the all clear from the people in the control room. Once we get it we go straight to the lab which is a few hallways away from the prisoner cafeteria. We should head to the bureau at midnight, when that section has the least amount of security," I say. Kendall nods her head.

"So what do we do once we have the revival serum?" She asks. "We free the prisoners," I say, "Did Johanna tell you that?" She asks. "No, but they've been trapped for so long so we have to help them," I say. We keep looking over the codes and map. The lunch bell rings so Kendall and I go to the cafeteria. For the first time ever we sit together.

We eat and talk a little, but not for long. We're both scared for tomorrow, because anything can happen. After lunch I go to my living quarters, my parents probably want to see me. "Hi," I say then sit in a chair across from the couch. "You scared?" My mom asks, and I nod. "Don't be. Being scared will just stress you out," she says. But I can't just not be scared.

"I'm going to talk to Rick," I say. "Rick?" My mom asks, "Jared's brother," I say. "Jared has a brother?" She asks, "It's a long story," I say. I get up and go to Johanna's office. I see Rick sitting on the steps, "Hey," I say. "I've never seen my brother more passionate about anyone ever," he randomly says. "What?" I ask, "He cared so much about he. He killed our dad for you. And I know he'd do anything for you," Rick answers.

"I know," I say, "and I'd do the same for him." "We're you guys dating?" He asks, "Sort of. We're kind of on hold," I say. He smiles, "Well I'm glad you're giving my brother something to live for," he says. I sit next to him on the steps. "If you don't mind me asking, what did your dad do to you guys?" I ask. "Let's just say to him we were nothing but robots that all he had to do was inject us with serums and control us. But I wanted to be more than just a pon in his game," Rick says, "Jared and I both."

"I'm so sorry," I say. "Well that man did some things that he would never be forgiven for," he says, "Like what?" I ask. "Jared and I had a little sister, Rayne, but a few years ago Jack killed her," he says. "Why did Johanna have so many kids with him?" I ask, "I don't know," he answers. And then
the dinner bell rings.