04: Parenting 101

A/N:

I decided to post this chapter a day earlier. Happy reading. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment .

*****

SOTC: Mixed Signals- Ruth B (This chapter is unedited)

I was woken up by Wandile calling me a few minutes after 8 telling  me to read my messages. 

I took a thorough shower and wore black jeans and a white off the shoulder top. I opted for sandals because it's a busy day for me. Today was the day. It was Sinikiwe's birthday party. Tomorrow was the day of umemulo. They are going to have a party around 5pm today and tomorrow is the traditional ceremony. Nkanyezi had already sent a text saying he's on his way with the boys. 

I packed sandwiches with cheese and tomatoes for Nkanyezi and I to snack on, I'm sure Nomfundo packed lunch for the boys since I'm going to 'poison them'. The celebration is going to be held eBhobhoyi which is in the South Coast of KZN. Apparently my future in-laws won't be there today, they'll arrive tomorrow, so today I'm just going to meet his extended family. 

I sprayed some cologne and applied lip gloss. I was now ready to go. Nkanyezi arrived at 9am. I took my overnight bag and made my way down the stairs. Wandile had not given me details of where I'm going to be sleeping yet, I'm sure he booked a hotel or some Air BnB in the area. 

Nkanyezi was driving Wandile's Range Rover. He was wearing a white t-shirt and tropical shorts with flops. 

"Skwiza" he said as he gave me a hug. 

"Unjani sbari?" I asked into his embrace. 

"I'm good. Let's get on the road, it's a long way to eBhobhoyi and I heard we still have to buy a few things" he said. 

The boys were both sleeping in the backseat. Lizalise was buckled into his car seat. They looked so cute. Nkanyezi was drinking a can of Red Bull along the way and I offered him a sandwich which he gladly took. 

"It's like you knew." he said 

"You do look like the guy who lives on takeaways" I laughed. 

"It's not like I have a fiancé who's going to cook for me." he said. 

I connected my phone to the car's stereo and started playing Kelvin Momo's mix tape, we are going to be spending about two hours on the road. 

"So, I'm assuming the kids have a lunch bag here somewhere." I said as I opened the boys' Supa Strikers backpack.

"Nomfundo forgot about that, I asked her before we left the house." he said 

"Oh shucks, these sandwiches won't be enough then, we have to stop somewhere and buy food." I suggested.

"The next stop is Galleria Mall, there's a lot of drive-thru's"

"Kanti uNomfundo unjani? Does she not know that little boys love eating?"