21: Fresh start, or is it?

"A leopard never changes its' spots."

Dont forget to vote and comment 🌸

"Baby, I need a new blender. This one is old and I need to dice the fruits into smaller pieces."

We had already moved into the new apartment three days ago. Wandile had sent in an emergency lease termination letter to the landlord and sadly, he did not get his deposit back because he did not notify them on time.

We had discussed the move and I thought, since the twins will be moving to a boarding school we won't need to move but he told me that they are a part of our family now and will be visiting us for the holiday so this arrangement was not working.

"Phiwo, yithenge phela sthandwa sami mfethu."

"Yoh, okay." I sighed defeatedly.

Wandile was busy helping me rearrange the kitchen because the old one did not have that homey touch. He had to take a day off work because later on today we were going to drive to Pongolo and on our way back, we're going to drop the kids off at school.

Wandile had asked one of his many friends, to borrow him their V-Class because there was 6 of us plus the twins had luggage.

The younger boys were helping out by neatly folding the boxes per my instruction and placing them next to the bin.

Another item was brought into the house, Wandile had to sign off on a few documents and he rubbed his temple in the process.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sent a quick snap of the place to Thandiswa.

"I'm just realising that our standard of living has risen

"I'm just realising that our standard of living has risen. If I don't close down that business deal and buy the restaurant in Umhlanga, I don't think I'll be able to provide for all of us. The twins, me, you, the boys. It's honestly quite a lot for a man who used to just cater for his own needs. I don't want you to get offended but it was a tad bit better cause Nomfundo was able to help me out here and there."

I'm sure Wandile must have mastered a lot of courage to talk to me about this. I honestly wish this was a novel where he had multiple income streams and I was a housewife who did not have to worry, my only problem being that my favourite clothes are out of stock.

I was honestly taken a back by what he said but at the same time I'm glad he told me because I was going to keep on demanding more and more. Ever since I arrived in Wandile's life, I haven't done a single thing for me. He's pouring from his cup, filling up mine in the process and I have not realized how that was just draining him. I've just been taking and that was very selfish of me.

"I need to do better. I can't be a burden on you."

No wonder he gets a bit aggravated with each piece of furniture I add to my cart at '@home'.