Chapter 4: A Sweet Mistake

(3rd Person's POV)

At night, once more, the gates of the chocolate factory have been opened, and the red bikes spread across the town to put on a new announcement on the posts like before.

The next morning, everyone quickly gathered by the posts to read the new announcement that was directly from Willy Wonka.

While (Y/N) was making her way to work, she saw those gatherings. She felt excitement run through her body as she instantly knew that this was no ordinary announcement for anyone to pay attention to that much!

Stopping in front of a crowded post, (Y/N) tried to see through the crowds as she stood on her toes. But she couldn't see anything, even her heels didn't help her. So, she sighed in defeat.

Charlie then squeezed himself out of the crowds with a huge grin on his face and saw (Y/N).

"(Y/N)!" he walked to her, catching the older girl's attention. "Charlie. Did you see the announcement?" she asked.

"Yes. Mr. Wonka said that there was a mistake in the number of the golden tickets that were hidden in the candy bars. So, instead of having only five children, they will be six" he explained with a smile.

(Y/N) softly gasped, "six tickets? Well, that means there's only two tickets left to find!". Charlie nodded; he then noticed her expression turn into a sad one.

Yesterday, he saw the way she stared at his Wonka bar. She had the same look as Amelia's, as he remembered what Amelia had told him. (Y/N) never had a taste of chocolate, and they couldn't afford to buy one, either.

But he couldn't understand Amelia's sudden anger afterwards.

(Y/N) then smiled gently, as she looked at Charlie. "Well, I have to go work now, Charlie. I'll see you around" she said, and Charlie waved to her before he made his way to school.

During class, Charlie couldn't stop thinking about (Y/N)'s sad expression. He had wished that she would get lucky to buy a candy bar for her and her little sister.

The day went by rather slowly, no events took place as everyone has been going through their own routine. After school, Charlie was walking when suddenly saw money buried in a pile of snow on the concrete ground.

His face lit up, and took it, glancing left and right before standing up again and walked to the nearest candy shop.

"One 'Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight', please" Charlie handed the man the money, and got his chocolate.

A woman next to him was reading the newspaper, and then put it down. "The nerve of some people" she said.

The shop owner chuckled, "I know. Forging a ticket. Come on". But soon enough, the man's smile faded as he saw a golden ticket in Charlie's hands.

 But soon enough, the man's smile faded as he saw a golden ticket in Charlie's hands