Chapter 16: Realization

(Y/N's POV)

I can't believe him! How could he say such horrid things about my little sister and expects me to stay in a relationship that won't resort to marriage!

Am I just a puppet he can toy with any time he wants?!

"(Y-Y/N), where are we going??" I heard Amelia ask as I dragged her with me. "We'll go back to our apartment. And I don't want you to go near that factory ever again!" I stated, sternly.

I heard her sniff, which made my steps halt and turn to look at her crying her eyes out. My face softened as I felt my heart break once again.

Oh, I hate to see her crying...

Sighing, I kneeled to her level, "Darling, I'm so sorry, but...I think we'll be better off on our own".

"No, we won't! I was happier when I stayed in the factory! I had a friend! But you always ruin everything!!" Amelia shouted at me, pulling her wrist out of my grasp and ran away from me to the factory.

"WAIT, AMELIA!!" I yelled for her, but she was now gone. I felt something warm stream down my cheek, I was crying, too.

I lost the only family I have left...

Now I have no one...

Sighing in defeat, I grabbed the luggage and walked down the streets to the building where out old apartment used to be. I rang the doorbell, and after a few minutes, the landlord answered.

"Oh, miss Relish, you're back" the landlord said. "Yes..." I whispered, preventing myself from crying. "Your apartment is still available. Here's your key" the landlord gave me the key, and I took it. "Thank you" I said, then went upstairs to my apartment.

When I opened it, the apartment looked even smaller than I remember.

"At least the furniture is still here" I mused.

After I unpacked, I changed into my sleepwear, and laid on the creaking bed. The apartment didn't only look smaller...

It was also quieter...

And lonelier...

I hate it.

Amelia's voice kept echoing in my head over and over again...

"You always ruin everything!!".

She was right...

Whenever things go right, I always end up turning it wrong.

Next thing I knew, my vision became blurry as I cried myself to sleep.

-

The next day...

(3rd Person's POV)

When Amelia returned to the factory, she begged the Bucket family, including Charlie, that she wanted to stay and never leave.

They were happy to have her with them, especially Charlie. He never wanted her to leave.

But things were different for Willy.

He didn't leave his room the entire morning, so Charlie had to try and work on his own for the day.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was facing a bad day...

"Because of skipping work, you will scrub every tile in the whole diner, wash the dishes until I can see myself on the plates, and you will not be allowed to have any breaks until you make up for all the times you wasted doing nothing!" Mr. Dungworth shouted angrily at her, while she looked down.