Chapter 10: Secret Recipe

(3rd Person's POV)

Five kids down, one kid left...

After the Relish girls left, Mr. Wonka turned to the Buckets.

"Now, how many children are left?" he asked. Grandpa Joe, and Charlie exchanged looks before looking back at him.

"Mr. Wonka, Charlie's the only one left now" he informed. Mr. Wonka had a surprised face as he stared at the two, "You mean, you're the only one?".

"Yes" Charlie whispered, smiling. "What happened to the others?" Mr. Wonka asked, the two Bucket stayed silent. But then Mr. Wonka smiled brightly at Charlie.

"Oh, my dear boy! That means you've won! Oh, I do congratulate you, I really do. I'm absolutely delighted. I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done. Now, we mustn't dilly or dally. Because we have an enormous number of things to do before the day's out. But, luckily for us, we have the great glass elevator to speed things al-..." Mr. Wonka shook Charlie warmly by the hand, and then turned to the glass elevator in a hurry, which caused him to slam into it.

Charlie and Grandpa Joe stared at Mr. Wonka as he then stood back up, "...speed things along". Pushing the elevator button, he walked in, and Charlie and his grandfather followed.

-

Meanwhile...

The Oompa-Loompa escorted the Relish girls to the long hallway that lead to the gate.

"Thank you for escorting us back to the gate, Mr. Oompa-Loompa. I loved your songs, by the way. You're very talented" (Y/N) said, smiling, as the Oompa-Loompa smiled back at her, bowing before he left.

(Y/N) wrapped her arm around Amelia's shoulder and they started walking, "Come on". The two sisters saw the gates open, as (Y/N) saw people by it.

It was the other kids and their parents. The two girls exchanged looks as they saw Mike looking incredibly thin and tall next to his small father. He looked like a cartoon character that had been run over by a car as soon as he tried to cross the street when he thought that it was clear.

Suddenly, a horrid smell of garbage burst through the sisters' noses, making them gag and cover their noses. Turns out that the smell came from Veruca and Mr. Salt, and they were covered with all sorts of disgusting garbage, followed around by flies.

Then, as they got closer, they saw a small and blue figure doing flips with such flexibility. It was Violet and Mrs. Beauregarde.

And lastly, they saw Mrs. Gloop and her chocolate-covered son. (Y/N) caught a glimpse of him sucking on his fingers, which made her roll her eyes. It seemed that the chubby boy didn't learn his lesson even after what had happened to him.

The group noticed the Relish girls approaching with grimaced faces, and they glared at them. Walking through the burnt candy puppets from before, Mrs. Gloop opened the gate, and she and her son were the first ones to leave.

 Gloop opened the gate, and she and her son were the first ones to leave