Chapter 8: Appreciation

(Y/N's POV)

Two kids down, four more to go...

"What's happening?!" Mrs. Beauregarde asked Mr. Wonka. "Well, I told you I hadn't quite got it right, cause it gets a little funny when it gets to the dessert. It's the blueberry pie that does it. I'm terribly sorry" Mr. Wonka explained, his face grimaced and hid behind the machine.

"Violet, stop chewing the gum! Spit it out!" I warned her as soon as I noticed that her skin wasn't the only thing that turned blue, but it also affected her hair and clothes.

But she continued to chew...

"Mother, what's happening to me?" she asked, fearfully. Slowly, her body started get bigger and bigger by the second, as the group stepped away from her.

 Slowly, her body started get bigger and bigger by the second, as the group stepped away from her

"She's swelling up" Grandpa Joe stated. "Like a blueberry" Charlie added. My hands went over my mouth as I watched in horror how Violet slowly turning into a human blueberry.

"I've tried it on, like, 20 Oompa-Loompas, and each one ended up as a blueberry. Heh, it's just weird" Mr. Wonka smiled sheepishly.

"But I can't have a blueberry as a daughter! How is she supposed to compete??" Mrs. Beauregarde asked, upsettingly. "You could put her in a county fair" Veruca said, smirking sinisterly. Mrs. Beauregarde glared down at her, while Mr. Wonka giggled, but soon his smile dropped as he noticed the mother's angry face.

"M-Mrs. Beauregarde, I believe you should care about your daughter's well-being than some competition. You're not being a good mother to her right now" I couldn't help but scold her.

Her daughter is a giant blueberry, and all she cares about is competition? I can't believe some parents...

Suddenly, we heard musical sounds, and the Oompa-Loompas showed up again and started singing about Violet's bad habit of chewing. They started jumping on top of her as she rolled around.

"P-Please, be careful with her" I tried to tell them, hoping they would understand me. As the song ended, Violet was rolled to the room's big and round door.

"MR. WONKA!" we heard Violet desperately call. Mrs. Beauregarde stood next to Mr. Wonka, glaring daggers at him as he nervously stopped dancing, clearing his throat.

"I want you to roll Miss Beauregarde into the boat and take her along to the 'Juicing Room' at once. Okay?" he ordered.

"The 'Juicing Room'?! What are they gonna do to her there??" Mrs. Beauregarde worriedly asked.

"Uh, they're gonna squeeze her like a little pimple. We got to squeeze all that juice out of her immediately" Mr. Wonka chuckled.

The woman followed her blueberry daughter as Violet pleaded her for help because she was stuck and the Oompa-Loompas were too small to be able to push her.