Chapter 7: Fluttering Hearts

(3rd Person's POV)

One kid down, five more to go...

The Gloopy boy was pulled in towards the chocolate swirl, slowly going down the river until his body disappeared, along with his screams.

His body was sucked up into the wide pipe, gasping as he took a breath after stopping in the middle of the pipe. Then he quickly went up again.

"There he goes" Violet said, chewing her gum.

"CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!" Mrs. Gloop pleaded. "It's a wonder how that pipe is big enough" Mrs. Beauregarde commented.

"It isn't big enough. He's slowing down" Charlie stated. "He's gonna stick" Mike added. Right then, Agustus stopped moving.

 Right then, Agustus stopped moving

"I think he has" Mr. Teavee said. "He's backed the whole pipe" Mr. Salt said. (Y/N) held her cheeks as she frowned and watched the horrid scene.

Suddenly, she started seeing some Oompa-Loompas walking by, and her eyes widened as they were so small up-close.

"What are they doing?" Veruca asked. Mr. Wonka smirked, "Why, I believe they're going to treat us to a little song. It is quite a special occasion, of course. They haven't had a fresh audience in many a moon".

The group started to heat music as the Oompa-Loompas went the bridge, some passing by (Y/N) as she watched them with such interest, forgetting the Gloop boy.

There were so many of them that the line went in front of her as they danced and sing about Agustus Gloop. After a little while, the pipe started working again, and sucked up the chubby boy once more, now he was inside the machine.

The song ended, and the Oompa-Loompas started leaving. Mr. Wonka clapped joyfully, "Bravo! Well done! Aren't they delightful? Aren't they charming?".

"I do say that all seemed rather rehearsed" Mr. Salt said with an unimpressed face. "Like they knew what was gonna happen" Mike added.

"Oh, poppycock" Mr. Wonka glared down at the boy, he then glanced to the other side to see (Y/N) had returned to the group, apologizing to Mrs. Gloop. The woman was kind enough to still thank her for trying.

She then followed Mr. Wonka, "Where is my son? Where does that pipe go??". "That pipe...it just so happens to lead directly to the room where I make the most delicious kind strawberry-flavoured chocolate-covered fudge" Mr. Wonka was delighted to answer her, smiling.

"Then, he will be made into strawberry-flavoured chocolate-coated fudge? They'll be selling by the pounds all over the world?!" Mrs. Gloop asked, desperately.

Mr. Wonka furrowed his brows, "No. I wouldn't allow it. The taste would be terrible. Can you imagine Agustus-flavoured chocolate-covered Gloop? Ew! No one will buy it".

He then called an Oompa-Loompa, as one came in front of him. Amelia and (Y/N) couldn't stop staring in awe at how small and cute he really looked.

"I want you to take Mrs. Gloop up to the fudge room, okay? Help her find her son. And take a long stick, and start poking around in the big chocolate mixing barrel, okay?" Mr. Wonka ordered.