Chapter 9: Dull Minds

(3rd Person's POV)

Three kids down, three more to go...

"I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The elevator is by far the most efficient way to get around the factory" Mr. Wonka said after getting into a glass elevator.

Mike looked at all the buttons that were more than what he might usually see in a regular elevator. "There can't be this many floors".

 "There can't be this many floors"

Mr. Wonka looked down at him, "How do you know, Mr. Smarty-pants? This isn't just an ordinary up-and-down elevator, by the way. This elevator can go sideways, longways, slantways, and any other ways you can think of".

"Woah..." Amelia couldn't help but whisper, which Charlie heard. He looked at her and smiled softly, making the little Relish girl blush.

"You just push the button, and whoosh, you're off" Mr. Wonka pushed a button, which suddenly made the glass elevator go sideways. (Y/N) almost tripped on her high heels when an arm wrapped itself around her waist.

She looked up, to see Mr. Teavee was the one holding her. Mr. Wonka still kept a smile on his face, but his eyes said something else.

"T-Thank you" she stuttered, and Mr. Teavee nodded, letting her go. The glass elevator was going up, then went sideways again, and turned forward.

"Oh, look! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to fudge mountain!" Mr. Wonka announced as the small group saw a huge fudge mountain. (Y/N)'s eyes widened disbelief; a huge grin ripped through her face.

"Oh, my goodness! This is amazing!" she complemented, loudly. She saw some Oompa-Loompas working on it, and they waved at them. (Y/N) quickly waved back, as well as Mr. Wonka.

"Is the snow powdered sugar?" (Y/N) smirked at Mr. Wonka. "Yeah!" he answered her with a smile.

The next room revealed Oompa-Loompas taking off pink fur off of pink sheep. "Oh!" Mr. Wonka spoke, but immediately stopped himself. "I'd rather not talk about this one" he said, frowning.

(Y/N) smirked and raised a brow at him, while Mr. Wonka avoided eye contact. Then, the elevator entered a hospital-like place.

"This is the puppet hospital and burn center. It's...relatively new" he said, giggling nervously. The elevator suddenly stopped, and then went down. "Ah, the administration offices".

The elevator stopped in front of an Oompa-Loompa wearing a pink dress, typing on a machine. "Hello, Doris" Mr. Wonka waved, the little person in pink waved back.

 Wonka waved, the little person in pink waved back