Day 19: reign

(Bit of a 'thinking back at old times' type chapter I hope it turned out well.)
————-

As I walked through the various Stygian halls I began to get lost in thought, in reality I'm reminiscing about the first couple of years the gang was established.

Even after years, they were still settling in and getting accustomed to calling me 'Boss' or 'Sir'. On one day whilst Cross was scouting out the many kitchen cabinets in hopes for his favourites, in the midst of querying me for the complete list of our current stuck, he mistakenly called me 'King' instead of the other more lax names. It had shocked me so substantially to be called inadvertently called something so regal.

It had bewildered so much at the time that it took me amount before snapping at the X-themed skeleton to never call me that again.

A few more slip ups from him later and soon the entire multiverse gave me a title 'Nightmare, King of Negativity'. The title had given multiple AUs something to fear so I embraced it, but what I did not embrace so expeditiously was the fact that the members of the gang also tried to call me such.

To shut them down as swiftly as possible I have them the ultimatum to either call me by name or Boss, which they all collectively decided to choose the latter, which they still use to this day.

When I had approached the entrance to the living room I at first didn't notice I had done so, until I heard the loud chatter that always occupied this room that also brought me out of my reminiscence prematurely. I regathered my thoughts again quickly before striding through the doorway to see what chaos they had caused at my absence.

(299 words)