Day 30: feast

(Last chapter of this book, I enjoyed writing this. Should probably see if I could write up something more long term, hope this chapter is satisfactory for the last one! Thank you for reading.)
————-

Today was something to celebrate. I am unsure as to why I am recalling such a thing. It does not feel like a memory it appeared to be more of a voice or instruction. Thinking about the what and why's of it only served to present me a agonising headache. No matter, I can tackle it later with a more vivid state of mind.

For now though it may be advantageous to abide by the words. In accordance to my thoughts I went to the darkest shadow in my room and utilise it (and a minuscule amount of magic) to emerge in the kitchen doorway. The kitchen was small but had everything a kitchen conceivably could have. It was also 'Horror's second room' as Killer would tease, and to no surprise said axe wielding skeleton was cutting up what i perceived to be a kind of meat with a hefty cleaver covered in crimson blood.

"Horror," once i called out to him he slowly tilted his skull towards my direction and looked at me with attentiveness . "For dinner we will be having a grand feast. I trust that you will be capable to prepare it." I ordered. The other monster in the room seemed euphoric with the idea of mass baking, "Aye Boss, it'll b don' n no time." He cheered as he got back to chopping, albeit with a more joyous pace. That should be enough for a sudden celebration.

After a few hours, it eventually was time for dinner. Usually I was the last to arrive but due to the special occasion I walked in at the same time as the others, much to their surprise. Which was immediately overshadowed by the abundance of food masterfully presented on the gracious dining table. Killer was unsurprisingly the first to comment, "So who's the food for?" He snarked with Horror eyeing him, famine ever present in his stare. "It is for all of us, today is a day of celebration." I answered sitting down at the head of the table as the others followed in their assigned seats.

"Well whatever this celebration is it must be good if we're getting fed a ton!" Killer foolhardy cheered as he began to rummage through his plates and the rest began to follow shortly after.

Right now was rather tranquil. Nothing but me and the monsters I have come to know as family, eating a meal of a seemingly pseudo celebration. This was something I could let myself enjoy for once. As if there was no balance restraining me to negativity. As if everything was normal. I desire to undergo this again, even if it was by request of an unknown voice.

(483 words)