Fourteen.

India woke up the next morning in her own bed. Luckily, she was able to get a last minute flight out of Memphis, she knew she couldn't stay there with him, her feelings were too hurt. Ja had been calling her since she left last night and as much as she wanted to answer, she didn't. She had seen all she needed to see and didn't want to hear anything else.

She called Liyah and Ren last night while on her way to the airport and told them everything that had happened. They eventually convinced her to come to Texas since they were still there. The Texas trip had been planned for a while and India was supposed to be there anyway so she decided to go ahead and book another flight out.

———

"This heat is disrespectful" India said as she sat down at the table greeting her friends. She had just made it to Houston and was meeting the girls at a restaurant for dinner. They were only there for one more day but tonight was the reason they planned on coming to Houston anyway. There was a big "once a year" party that was being thrown and everyone knew that everybody who was anybody would be there, which is the only reason India came. She wasn't real pressed on the party but since the situation happened with Ja, she figured why not go? It would take her mind off of the situation, at least for the moment anyway.

"Wait a minute... what is that?" Liyah asked India before she could even get comfortable in her seat.

"What?"

Liyah grabbed India's hand, looking at the ring Ja gave her. "This shit is huge!"

"And pointless" India said pulling her hand back.

"Ja gave you that!?" Ren asked looking at the ring as well.

"Yup, right before one of his hoes showed up at the door." India responded

"I knew something was up with that girl at the game..I could tell by the way she kept watching y'all." Liyah said as Ren chimed in "And Yasmine... I literally will beat her ass for you, just say the word. That's some weird ass shit, she knew you were fucking with him."

"Very weird!" India said "He didn't even have her number saved but something told me to look anyway. I did meet him at her party.. I guess that's why he was there in the first place."

"How did he respond to the pictures she sent?"

"He didn't. Well at least I didn't see a response. He coulda deleted it."

"Idk, I mean if anything I feel like he would have deleted the whole text thread if he was trying to hide it. It's not like he doesn't know y'all are friends." Liyah said. "You know she thirsty af, she honestly could have sent them just because."

"I hope he didn't respond for his sake... because I have no problem with beating his ass for you too." Ren said.

"I just can't believe he was with that girl all that time he was ignoring me. I was out here telling my dad about him while he was fucking on somebody else."

"I'm sorry best friend, I know you liked him." Liyah said as the waitress made her way to the table.

"I'll be fine, I just wanna turn up tonight and forget about all this shit." India responded before ordering her food.