Twenty Four.

📍Memphis, Tennessee
3 days later

If asked why India was in Tennessee, at this man's front door, she wouldn't even be able to tell you. She already had in her mind weeks ago that she wasn't going to pop up but for some reason she still did. She had to figure out what's going on, she couldn't keep sitting in limbo wondering if he would call or not, or if he even still cared. So she pulled up... and knocked on the front door to find out.

It didn't take long for the door to open, and once it did D-tap's eyes immediately widened.

"W-wassup India, what you doin here?"

"Where's Ja?"

D-tap looked around before eventually stepping to the side and letting her in "He out back, come on." He walked her through the house and into the backyard where she could see a group of people playing basketball. "You good?" he asked India, noticing the expression on her face.

"Yeah" she dryly responded, her attention now focused on Ja.

"Twelve!" D-tap yelled out loud enough to get Ja's attention. 

He turned around and it looked like he had seen a ghost, definitely a ghost he wasn't expecting to see. He stopped the game, tossing the ball to one of his friends as he headed over in her direction.

"Wassup?" Ja stood in front of her and used his shirt to wipe the sweat from his face.

Her eyebrows furred as she just looked at him, she didn't even speak for a couple of seconds, causing him to speak again.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" She questioned "what you think is wrong Jamel? I haven't heard from you in weeks."

"I been-"

"Don't say shit about you being busy!" India cut his sentence short, feeling herself getting pissed off by the second. "I know the difference between you working and just playing basketball with your fucking friends, stop playing with me Ja."

He turned around, seeing his friends all scatter at the same time trying to act like they weren't listening. Ja sucked his teeth, turning his attention back to India "come on" he walked past her and into the house as she followed him upstairs into his bedroom. He went straight into the bathroom and closed the door, turning the shower on.

India rolled her eyes as she sat on the bed and texted the group chat with Liyah and Ren.

iMessage

India
This nigga home playing basketball with his stupid ass friends! No care in the world.

Liyah
Did y'all talk yet?

India
Not yet. He just stopped playing basketball to ask me "what's wrong" like he hasn't been ignoring me for weeks.

Ren
It wasn't no bitches there was it?

India
Lucky for him it wasn't.
I was on all bullshit when I knocked on the door, ready to slap tf out of anyone in here 😂

Ren
I still would smack tf out of him because why you ignoring me and I'm supposed to be your girlfriend 🤔

Liyah
Literally