Thirty Nine.

Ja's POV

It was about 7:30 in the morning when Ja rolled over in the bed, opening his eyes again for the 100th time

He had gotten back to India's house real late last night and once he showered, he went into one of the guest rooms trying to sleep but he couldn't. He had been tossing and turning the whole night so once he noticed it was finally the next day he just got up.

Sneaking into the main bedroom trying not to wake India, he grabbed his toothbrush and some clothes and slid back out of the room so he could go and get ready for the day. After he was done, he made his way into the room where Kaari was, finding her already awake as well, watching some type of cartoons on tv.

He smiled once he seen her and walked over, laying across the bed with her. "You was sleeping hard won't you?" Ja laughed, touching her hair that was all over the place.

"I was so tired." Kaari said picking up her iPad. "And now I'm hungry."

Ja looked at her and laughed shaking his head at her response. "What you wanna eat?"

"Ummmm..." she looked at him smiling, taking a second to think about her answer "pancakes!"

"What else?"

"And bacon.. and maybe some eggs."

"Just a maybe on the eggs?" He asked her

"Yes because they nasty sometimes."

He laughed at her again and picked his phone up searching for a restaurant he could take her to. Once he found one that was open he got up and got Kaari ready to go.

"Where's India?" Kaari asked, her small voice echoing through the hallway as they headed for the stairs.

"She sleep" Ja responded "she was tired too, that's why we gotta be quiet so we won't wake her up."

Truth is, he was really trying to get out of the house without running into her anyway. He didn't know what to say to her just yet or even how to feel about the whole situation. The only reason he was even still at the house was because of Kaari, if she wasn't there he woulda probably been back in Memphis right now.

Once they successfully made it out of the house, he took her to eat and they ended up at Universal Studios for a couple of hours afterwards. He spent the whole afternoon doing whatever Kaari wanted to do until she started to get tired.

He was on the way back to the house but decided to stop on Rodeo Drive first and possibly do some shopping to pass more time. He was in and out of a couple of stores, only purchasing something from Amiri before he headed to Dior where he was met by Jaren and Ren coming out as he was headed in.