Thirty Eight.

📍Memphis, Tennessee
the next day

"You know Kaari can stay here if you were going back with India

"You know Kaari can stay here if you were going back with India. I haven't seen her in a while anyway."

"Nah, I ain't gone leave her here." Ja responded back to his mom "Ima be out there for a while so ima take her with me."

"What's a while?"

"Ion know... it'll be long enough."

"Longer than a week?" Jamie asked as she was standing at the stove, cooking for everyone.

"Probably so."

"Okay well y'all bring my baby back to see me. It's already been weeks since I spent time with her."

"Ima bring her back one of these weekends." Ja told her before getting up from where he was sitting, walking up behind India as he leaned down and placed a quick kiss on her cheek. "Bout to go to the crib and get Kaari stuff together, you good?"

"Yes" India turned around so she could see him, poking her lips out for another kiss. He leaned back in and kissed her lips twice before he walked off, calling out for Kaari so she could go to the house with him.

India stayed back and ended up having a long conversation with Jamie that initially started off regular, catching up, asking how each other was doing, etc., before Jamie started asking questions like she normally does when they speak.

She managed to get India talking about her relationship with Ja and at the end of that conversation, India was actually happy that she opened up to her. She was reluctant at first, only because she is his mom but for some reason India felt comfortable talking to her, she was a good listener and gave great advice back.

"India you said it was just you and your dad right? He raised you alone?"

"Yeah.. when my mom passed it was just us."

"Sorry for your loss again love. So no aunts or anything like that? Your dad never re-married?"

"Nope. Not yet anyway, he's in a relationship right now but it took him a long time to settle down."

"Are you close with her?"

"My dad's girlfriend?" India questioned "Ummm... I wouldn't say we're close but we're definitely cool. We talk when I go over to see them but nothing too much."

"Well your dad did an amazing job raising you by himself. Even though it hasn't been that long since we've met, I want you to know that I'm here as well. If you ever need anything, even if it's just to talk.. no matter what the situation may be, you have my number.. I want you to use it."

"I definitely will. I usually only talk to my friends about certain things so it's good to be able to talk to someone who actually has some experience out here."