Day 1: No Going back

Welcome to Day one of Thirty-one, feel free to drop a donation. Day one is one of mine

Time was an illusion...

Ever ticking forward evermore, there was no going backwards even if Resets seemed to do so.

So... he kind of wished he could go back and take back his words.

Palette hugged his knees to his chest as he stared at the night sky of Outertale, it was peaceful and quiet. The slight chill was annoying, but it was late at night.

"Your out late"

"Hey dad." Palette said with a lopsided smile, greeting Ink as they sat down next to him.

"I'm surprised your here, we're you not going to spend it with Goth?" Ink asked fiddling with his scarf.

"Goth and I had a fight," he admitted.

"About what, your usually so close?" Ink asked curious, he might have the attention span of a goldfish due to no soul but Palette was his kid.

He looked away feeling guilty.

"Palette..." Ink said quietly.

"I told him while hes a Death godling, he'll never understand the fear of death as he can't die," Palette admitted "And its true"

"Palette, even gods die"

Palette froze and stared at his parent wide eyed.

"But... that means you could die!" he cried.

"Everything dies, some just live much longer," Ink replied softly.

Palette started crying. leaning against Inks side.

"Cry, I think you need it. But you need to apologize to your friend later," Ink told him, Palette nodded.