Day 24: The Perfect Gift

This piece is from Puppet, you can find it there and here

"It has to be perfect," Palette said scribbling on a pad of water, he gave a frustrated cry and ripped up the paper.

"Palette?" Ink said concerned walking into the room, he had heard his sons cry of frustration.

"Its nothing dad!" Palette protested, quickly grabbing all the ripped pieces of paper.

Ink reached down and picked up a piece that had fluttered away, he stared at it then at Palette.

"Palette, your suppose to stay away from Dream," He said softly.

"I know... but... I know he's not my mom, but I want to be his friend," the child replied.

"You do understand, that Dreams rather fragile.. you can never have a family bond with him?" Ink asked.

Palette looked down, his green star eyes dulled.

"I know.. I.. can still be friends right?" he asked tears sliding down his face "I think we're already friends, I can't loose him"

"Of Course you can be friend, just.. no more sneaking in windows... I do have Nightmare's phone number," Ink said amused, a blush went across Palettes face.

"Fine..." he said "But i have to get this right"

"What is it?" Ink asked, as the piece he had wasn't showing much other then a doodle of little Dream.

"I want the perfect Christmas gift"

"Come on then, lets use my art room for this"

Palette gave a happy cry and hugged his father, then dragged him down the hallway.