Article 16- I'm YOURS!

Do we know who they were?Did we sense them when they were?No not exactly!No not really!

Did we sense them when they were?
No not exactly!
No not really!

Wish we could know their worth,
Wish we could, when they were on Earth,
Queries from within and above,
Quizzing to know the answer to love.

Only after they are lost,
Only you can't at any cost,
Only when they are frost.

Wish we could reverse,
The time spent together.
Wish we could meet them,
Again forever.
Wish we could thank them,
Cuddling us in every weather.

BUT it's too late,
BUT they are now in another state.
And they are no more in your fate,
And no use of your wait.

So those who are still LUCKY,
So those BLESSED with Daddy and Mummy,
Love them more...
Serve them from core.

Don't let them go with 'ifs and buts,'
Don't let them fly with wounds and cuts.

Hug THEM with love to secure,
Hug THEM to respect ensure,
Hug THEM back and Say, "I'm YOURS!"

Parents, the irreplaceable source of our existence and the architects of our earliest experiences, play an unparalleled and vital role in shaping our identities, providing the cornerstone for our journey through life. Their influence goes beyond the biological; it is the very essence that molds our character, guides our values, and forms the bedrock of our emotional well-being.

As we reflect on who they were, there's a sense of longing to comprehend the depth of their experiences, the challenges they faced, and the dreams they nurtured. Often, we realize that we may not fully grasp the intricacies of their lives, the sacrifices made, and the silent battles fought.

The sentiment resonates with the collective human experience of realizing the profound impact of parents after they are no longer present. The verses capture the essence of yearning to reverse time, relive moments together, and express gratitude for the warmth and care provided.

It's the universal desire to turn back the clock and savor every shared moment. However, the poem sensitively acknowledges the irreversible nature of time and the inevitability of loss.

The use of "BUT it's too late" evokes a somber reality check, emphasizing the importance of cherishing moments with our parents while we still have the chance. It serves as a touching reminder that expressions of love and appreciation shouldn't be delayed.

I lost both of my parents in the pandemic year 2020 within the span of 5 months only... Many of us have gone through this pain, and believe me, this pain can't be healed with time. Whenever we feel alone and betrayed or cherish moments of success, we will miss their presence throughout. We will miss their eternal love and hugs.

Those fortunate enough to have their parents with them, express your love and gratitude without reservation. Have open communication with them to solve unresolved issues.

Parents, despite their immense love and sacrifices, are human and prone to mistakes. The weight of their struggles and sacrifices may sometimes lead to moments of nagging or frustration. It's crucial for us, their children, to approach these situations with patience and understanding. Just as they patiently raised us, recognizing their humanity and embracing empathy strengthens the bond between generations.

From the first cuddles in their arms to the times we stood on our own, our parents filled our lives with love. Now, it's our turn to wrap them in the warmest hugs, expressing gratitude for the love that made our world.

Dear Ones,

< Embrace your parents with affection, acknowledge their sacrifices, and verbally affirm the bond of belonging.

< Shower your love and gratitude, as time is a precious gift not to be taken for granted.

< Please, hug them back and say, "I'm YOURS!"

"Parents are immortal; never try to weigh their values."

- - - - - -

(This article was first published on my medium@pikugyun
and the poem was first published on my book- Chirping beads: Festoon Of Poems on Wattpad)