ending

As time went on, Kota and eri grew more and more distant. Eri gave up trying to hold onto their friendship. He made it clear that despite everything he didn't care about her anymore, sure he says he does...but his actions strongly counteracts his words. Eri was so tired of the cat and mouse game.

So, she gave Lauren what she wanted. She gave up, unfortunately without Kota everyone realized eri was just an easier target, after all Kota usually kept her safe. While eri usually kept herself mostly safe, after all the commission sent her on so many missions and she had so much fucking trauma it was concerning. However, despite the fact she hides everything behind a smile and sweet tone, she's still easy sensitive and easy to manipulate. Usually Kota protected her from that and helped prevent trauma from forming. Of course, after 2 years of Lauren's constant behavior, mental abuse, physical abuse, lashing out, gaslighting, and manipulation Kota generally started to lose feelings. He started to see just how crazy and toxic the girl was, hell he even realized that she completely isolated him.

He no longer had any friends as she forced him to cut ties and neglect all of them, he was forced to go no contact with Mandalay, was forced to give up his position at UA, he gave up so much. Yet Lauren never made any sacrifices, she would constantly stand him up on dates because her friends needed her, she's left him in moments he needed her just to hang out with her family, not to mention how many times Lauren ended up cheating on him.

He was so drained, he only stayed as he thought that he had no one. Of course if there was anyone who would welcome him back with open arms was Eri, but even she seemed to resent him. Kota also didn't think he had the energy to deal with eri...she was a handful, she had PTSD, abandonment issues, mild depression, insomnia, and so much more.

Usually he would be able to handle all that, he's been able to for years. Not to mention last he actually hung out with her she was still doing well. Sure he knew it was easy to handle eri since he's so used to having her rely on him....but even if he broke up with Lauren, he wouldn't go straight back to eri....not for awhile.... he'd honestly just take a little break to rest before even trying to talk to eri.