Chapter III

Chapter 3

     No. No. No. I shook my head in denial. It can't be. Not again. Please, no.

     This couldn't be happening again. I shielded my eyes with my hands and shut them closed.

     It's not him. He's not alive, he's dead. He's dead. He's dead.

     The words kept repeating in my head as I let them out of my mouth in a desperate, pleading tone.

     Just when I thought I was done having my "episodes", it just had to come back to tauntingly haunt me. I used to have terrible nightmares of Deigo still being alive, and then he was taken away from me in the worst ways imaginable. It was either him being eaten alive by a shark, burning in a fire right in front of my eyes, him falling off a roof top or a balcony, or something else tragic.

     In the beginning when I started having these nightmares, I thought it was just me being in denial of Deigo's death and that I would get over it soon. I believed they was just mirages. But they never stopped. They even occurred during the day. My mind tricked me into thinking Deigo wasn't actually dead. I told my mom and friends but no one believed me. My mom said if I didn't stop with this nonsense, she would have no choice but to take me to a mental institution because I was obviously crazy.

     Therefore, I stopped telling anyone about my episodes and kept them to myself, but the nightmares themselves never stopped.

     Whenever I went through an episode I would scream, cry hysterically, scratch my arms and legs. Anything to make it stop.

     Lately, though, I have been keeping my mouth shut, not listening to a thing and shutting my eyes. It helped. Although, I could never ever shake off the feeling that Deigo is still alive, out there, somewhere. It is a weird feeling to say the least. But he is not alive.

     Deigo is dead.

      This is just another one of my horrendous, pathetic episodes of mine that I'd have to endure.

      "You're dead!" I screamed out.

      My heart beat picked up and I felt warm liquid streaming down my cheeks. I was shaking now. Two firm hands gripped my shoulders and shake me, trying to get my attention.

     "Em! Ember! It's me, Deigo!" the louder voice called out in desperation.
     I froze for a moment, and then opened my eyes. I cautiously looked up to see a young man with green eyes and dark brown curly hair, wearily smiling at me with liquid in his eyes.

     "It's me, Em. It's me. Deigo." he breathed out.

     "Deigo?" I called out and my voice broke.

      He eagerly nodded his head as his smile widened. A small smile crept onto my face and I threw myself in his arms, wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me.

     I could have been hugging him too tight for comfort, but if this really was Deigo, then he would be all too familiar with how tight I hug.

     This feels too real to be a terrible nightmare. This is Deigo.

     I broke into tears at the thought of him actually being alive and right here. With me.

☆★☆★☆★

Vote, comment and share :)

Bee ×