Chapter XIV

TWO updates in one day! Whoa! Thank you all for the comments and votes. You all deserve some delicious flapjacks!

Chapter 14

JAY

I HAD A blissful slumber. I woke up around five o' clock to the beautiful sounds of birds singing to their hearts content. I checked my emails on my laptop, responding to the ones which I needed to.

I then started packing our suitcases and bags.

Around seven is when I snuck into the room in which Em was sleeping in, careful not to wake her up.

It wasn't my intention to be a creep as I stared at her in her sleep. Her arm was angled and rested underneath her head. Her breathing was even while her chest rose and fell slowly. She looked so peaceful, so at ease, so innocent. Her soft eyelids remained closed. I lay there, completely mesmerised by her.

She parted her lips and closed them again. She slightly shifted in her position as she peeled open her beautiful orbs.

"You're such a creeper in the morning, Alvarrez." she greeted me.

"That's what one does when they've got a beauty goddess sleeping under the same roof as them." I smoothly told her, her beautiful smile widened as an adorable giggle left her lips.

I admired her smile; the way her eyes shrunk and the few wrinkles that appeared by them, the way her nose crinkled just the slightest, the curve of her lips that could probably reach her eyes, the spark in her eyes that made my heart do multiple back flips.

It was just beautiful.

"Plus, I like watching you sleep. It's fascinating. You breathing in and out is an indication that your heart is still pumping and keeping this amazing soul alive." I continued to tell her.

She then smiled at me graciously.

"What time is it?" she asked as she stretched her arms and sat up on the bed.

"07: 12. Our flight is at 12:25. You should probably get cleaned up and come downstairs. I'm preparing breakfast." I happily sung my last sentence.

"Okay, your Majesty." Em dramatically replied while throwing her hands in mid air. She walked straight into the bathroom.

"Don't worry about packing your belongings, alright? I already packed them for you. The bags are down stairs so when you're done you may bring whatever else you need downstairs. I left a few outfits laying on the chair for you to choose from
and your bathroom needs are in there." I semi shouted so that she could hear me from the bedroom, over the sound of the running tap.

She popped her head through the door and pulled her thumbs up.

She was so cute.

I casually went down the stairs and started preparing breakfast. I never put effort into what I had for breakfast but started doing so ever since Em started living with me. She made me want to strive to be a better person. It wasn't that difficult, as she brought out the best in me.

I had bought malva pudding and custard. I chopped some strawberries and placed it on top of the melted chocolate.

I hope she will love breakfast today.

We were seated in our cream coloured passenger seats. The air hostess advised us to take our seats and to buckle our seat belts.

"Jay, remember when we first went on a plane?" she distracted me, amusement evident in her voice.

"Do you remember the lie to you told me?" she started giggling and I pondered my mind, trying my best to remember.

"Oh, yes! I said that the plane is first going to reverse at an alarming speed, launch off like a rocket ship would do and then do a loopy loop?" I was now laughing, my stomach aching more by the second. I had told her that lie when we were 7 years old, on our first flight to Mauritius.