Chapter XXXV

Apologies for the postponed update! I'm back and I'm better (Bryson Tiller's voice)

Happy reading!

Chapter 35

JAY

The day was cool, with isolated white cottons floating above. I looked at myself in the rear mirror. My face was twisted with anger, tight lines around my mouth.

C-Max prison. I wondered if he got any visitors. I wouldn't sympathise if I was the first,  and last.

I held onto my ID, the only thing allowed into the prison unless you were granted special permission to bring anything otherwise. The prison guards' eyes were trained on me as  I went through.

Sitting on one of the benches outside, I absorbed in my surroundings. It's rough in here. A heavily tatted woman sat in front of a man without uniform. She was dressed in a flower patterned sundress. What is she doing falling with in love with near psychos?

The prisoners in the garden had either of these two emotions written on their faces; anger or happiness. Taking his time with an stern, authoritative looking guard at his side, Step Mitch had a glorious smile plastered on his face which only disgusted me. What reason did he have to smile?

His figure was slimmer, skin as pale as ever and his hair was a greasy mess, let's not even mention his overgrown beard. I wondered if he had high and strong connections in the prison that made his life easier. By the looks of it, I happily assumed not. He deserves every suffering he gets.

     "What a lovely surprise. My boy has finally come to visit me," he tauntingly emphases the 'my', knowing that I greatly disapproved. "I was beginning to think you've forgotten about me." If I could, I would. "How are you doing? How are my girls?" He did it again. I was bored already.

     I'm not one to be comfortable to beat around the bush. Rather, I prefer getting straight to the point. And there was no need for small talk, seeing as we weren't on good terms and I had to use every strength within me to contain myself from harming and causing him an immense amount of pain. "Was it you that I saw at the hospital the other day?"

     "Oh, my, what ever could I be doing there?" he faked a gasp. Step Mitch loves to perform. And it seems like my visit may have been his only time to have fun in this hell hole. However, I'm not here for fun and games. After a few moments featuring a death stare, he cracked. I was a bit disappointed, thinking it would take a lot more for him to spill the beans but he has made my job easier. "Okay. Yes. I was there." I swallowed, hard.

     "What were you doing there?" I gritted my teeth, nearly spitting on his face.

     "Rumour had it that my little girl had fallen sick. I found out through my cell mates. Can you imagine how embarrassing that was for me? The fact that I didn't hear it from my own family. And you do know I consider you to be apart of our family, right?" He was enjoying this. He had to be careful or else he'll fall right through the ice, seeing as he was walking on very thin ice, but I had to remain cool. "Anyways, I asked around, got hold of my connections and it turned out to be true. Hey, now. Why the sour face? If it wasn't for me, your precious angel would be six feet under right now." he said very slowly.

"It was you who poisoned her!" I shouted, slamming my hands against the wooden table, receiving warning looks from the prison guards and wide eyes from everyone else in the garden.

"Calm your titties, boy. Think about this logically. If I had poisoned her, I would have wanted her dead, right? So why would I save her when she neared her death bed? Doesn't sound sane to me." He looked at his fingers uninterested. He sure does love to perform.