chapter 9

THE NEXT DAY

MINGHAO!

you just came home and you are again leaving?

Ma i'll be home in few days again, you know how much this project means to me. He hugged his mother while giving her a kiss. I'll be home in no time we have alot to prepare for aswell. 

He bid his mom bye and got into his car. 

tinggg!!

He checked his phone 

KIM ANNOYING MINGYU:  When is the exhibition.  

MEANHAO: Its day after tomorrow.

KIM ANNOYING MINGYU: Ok, have a safe flight...😊

MEANHAO: Thank you ☺️

Mingyu was at the office sitting and listening to his PA dictate his schedule for the next four days.

What do I have day after tomorrow? 

Sir day after your schedule isn't that tight you just have a meeting with the rest of the board members. 

what time is the meeting going to end? 

Sir it starts at 9 AM and will end by 11 AM. 

Great then make sure no other last minute schedules are planned, also book the earliest flight from here to New York straight after the meeting. 

Sir but you have a busy day planned the next day.

just clear them all before hand so its not a last minute cancellation, I'll let me father know that his son is going to pay a visit to his soon to be favourite son-in -law. 

The PA just smiled at him, personally he was happy after all of Mingyu's  boyfriends he had to put up with he finally was happy Minghao being rich and pampered was not even close to those irritating ex's.

He just said I understand and walked out of the office. 

                        -----------------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP......

Mingyu arrives at the hotel in NEW YORK he quickly goes and freshen up and gets ready to leave for the venue where the exhibition was to take place, he still an hour before the event starts. He request for a car on rent and he leaves for the venue, while stopping on the way to buy some flowers.  While driving he thinks to himself why is he doing all this, he has not been serious about this marriage or anything or even was he willing to but then he just looks forward to meeting Minghao even more these days. 

Am I kinda getting serious about everything? he thinks to himself. 

He then remembers the night he and Minghao had dinner and how much he wanted to just kiss him while they were on their drive back home. He thinks its stupid that he is thinking all this and just shakes off the thought. 

He arrives the venue and walks into the hall  where the exhibition was on, he walks a little untill he notices Minghao talking to a lady, as he walks up closer he hears a little bit of their conversation.

So how was your trip home?

It was good but rather it was full of surprises, he laughs. He then continues well and also to let you know that I am getting married soon. 

The lady looked at him surprised WHATTTTTT???? you are getting married. I am so happy for you who is the lucky man who is going to marry such an amazing soul like you huh, she nudges his shoulder a little. 

He just looks at the art in front of them trying to avoid answering, well you see it an arranged marriage so I don't know how things are going to work out but I hope this kinda works out, he smiles. 

Minghao I have know you for so long now that I know you will be fine, so do you like  your husband to be? 

Mingyu stands waiting for Minghao to answer.

I don't know. He replies even if I fall for him maybe I can never tell him how I feel.

Mingyu looks at Minghao he knows the reason why Minghao said that, he knew about him and Seungkwan but then what Minghao was not aware was Mingyu has been having slight change of heart since they started seeing eachother. 

Excuse me sir you forgot to show the pass to enter as you are aware this is mostly a private exhibition and people with passes are only allowed.

Minghao looks over to see Mingyu standing there with a big bouquet of red roses and was apologizing while struggling to take out his pass. 

Minghao was shocked and confuse for once he thought he was imagining things and then he snapped out of this thoughts when his friend next to pulled him to see what was it all about. 

Minghao walks up to the security and tells him to leave Mingyu as he kept holding him like he was some sort of intruder who wanted to cause trouble. 

Minghao tells the security to leave after telling him who Mingyu is. He said sorry and went away leaving the three of them together. 

                            ------------------------------------------------------------------