{Chapter 15}

Beth's POV

"Bethany?" I heard Jeremy call.

I stood up and walked over to him. My legs shook as I made my way towards him.

Jeremy was wearing a blue button up shirt, a pair of blue jeans and a pair of grey toms. His hair was flustered.

He ran his hand along left cheek. Then, he placed his hand on my stomach. "Are you sure it's mine?" he asked, whispering. His cerulean blue eyes staring into mine. I bit my lip and nodded.

Tears began to well in my eyes, one escaped and began rolling down my cheek. He wiped the tear off with his thumb. Then, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I began to cry into his shoulder. He rubbed my back and held me in his arms. He felt warm and comforting.

I slowly stopped crying. I pulled my head out from his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his eyes flooded with content.

I nodded. "I am now."

He smiled and placed a short, gentle kiss on my lips. He placed his hand on the small of my back and we left the hospital.

We got to his car. He opened the door to the passenger seat for me. I sat down and buckled my seatbelt. Jeremy shut the door and walked around the front of the car to the driver's seat and sat down.

He started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. I looked out the window.

I thought of the fight and the baby and Derek. My stomach began to churn. I groaned and clutched my stomach.

Jeremy glanced at me. His expression changed to worried.

"Beth, are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

I shook my head and let out another groan. "I feel sick." I moaned.

He pulled the car over to the side of the road. He leaned over and clicked off his seatbelt. He opened the dashboard cupboard and pulled out a plastic bag. I grabbed the bag and held it close to my face.

Jeremy rubbed my back as I was leaning forward. The bile made it's way up my throat and I vomited. The vile after-taste stung my tongue. I tied off the ends of the bag.

"I'm sorry" I apologize.

"It's okay, Bethany. You don't need to apologize." he took the bag and placed it on the floor behind my seat. "Let's get you home" and with that, he started the car and began to drive once more.

We arrived at his house. I slipped my shoes off and placed my bag down on the coffee table. I laid down the couch and let out another yawn.

Jeremy walked over to me. He placed his arms under me and picked me up. I opened my eyes. "Jeremy, I'm fine with sleeping on the couch" I insisted.

"Shhhhh..." he whispered.

I shut my eyes and fell into him. I could feel his heart beating and his breath tickled my nose.

We entered his room. He placed me down on the bed and pulled the blanket over me. I let out another yawn and snuggled into the bed.

Jeremy placed a kiss on my forehead. "Good night, my love." he whispered. Then, he walked out of the room.

Slowly but surely, I fell asleep.