{Chapter 16}

Beth's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I was sleeping in a large bed. I looked around. Jeremy had been sleeping in this bed, bit now he no longer was.

I stood up. I heard sizzling. I went downstairs to see Jeremy cooking bacon on a frying pan.

He noticed me and smiled. "Hey."

I sat down on a stool. "Hey"

"Did you sleep well?" he asked. He turned around and placed a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me.

"Thanks, and yes I did."

"That's good."

I nodded my head and took the first bite of my bacon. After a bit of Jeremy and I eating silently, I was done eating. I stood up and began to feel sick. I groaned. Not this again I thought.

I raced up to the bathroom and puked. Jeremy joined me after a few seconds. He held my hair out of my face.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"Yeah."

"What are the side effects of pregnancy?" I asked.

"Hmm...let me think. Vomiting, diarrhea, internal bleeding, hair loss." Jeremy listed.

I gasped and reached my hand up to clutch my hair. "Really?"

He let out a laugh. "No, I'm kidding."

I playfully shoved him and then I stood up. We walked down the hall.

"So, speaking of pregnancy, are you going to do an abortion?" Jeremy asked.

I bit my lip and sat down on the couch. "I-I don't know...I ddon't think so...I'm not sure." I stammered. "I think I'm going to talk to my mom...or my sister, Brittany."

"Okay, would you like me to drive you?" Jeremy requested.

I smiled and placed my hand on his. "That would be great. Thank you."

***

Derek's POV

"Goddamit." I muttered to myself. "You idiot." I swung my fist and seared the wall.

I must admit, it hurt. The entire breakup hurt. How could she do this to me after I had proposed to her?

I punched the wall again. My knuckles became a little bit scratched up.

Questions swirled around in my head.

Is that why she broke up with me?

Is that why she had sex with me the morning after?

Is she going to keep the baby?

Was it her idea or Jeremy's

Why?

I swung at the wall once more.

Idiot.

I pulled my hand back from the wall.

Idiot.

My knuckles were bruised and bleeding.

Idiot.

I fell back into the wall and clutched my hand. I let out a cry.

Bethany Mota: The best thing that's ever happened to me and the worst.

***

Beth's POV

"Bethany, how nice to see you again." My mother said. She reached out and pulled me into a hug.

"Is dad home?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, he isn't."

She led me to the couch and we both sat down.

"How are you and Derek?"

My stomach began to churn.

Derek.

Less than twenty-four hours ago had he broke up with me.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

A frown appeared on her face.

Before she could reply, I added,"and Derek is not the father."

"Then, who is?"

"Jeremy."

"Jeremy Reynolds?"

I nodded.

"Well, are you going to keep the baby?"

I thought about it for a moment. I was against abortion so allowing for myself to go through with abortion would be hypocritical. I looked down and placed a hand on my stomach. And I didn't want to kill my baby either way.

"Yes, I think I will." I confidently announced to my mother and myself.