{Chapter 20}

Derek's POV

I bobbed my head to the beat drop of Trap Queen by Fetty Wap. I imagine myself dancing an amazing hip hop routine to this song.

I pressed my foot on the gas pedal of my car. Finally, I arrived at my destination, Jeremy's house. I'm sure Bethany is here. It would make sense for Bethany to want to stay at her child's father's house, if that makes any sense.

I turned off the ignition and left the car. I walked up to his house and knocked on the door.

After a few seconds, I heard a short audible click and the door swung open. Jeremy was the one who opened the door. I internally cringed. I was hoping that Bethany would open the door.

"Hello, Derek." Jeremy greeted.

"Hello, Jeremy. I would like to speak to Bethany."

"She's not here."

"Then, where is she?"

He shrugged. "I think she's at her parent's house."

"But I thought she would stay with you."

"So did I."

I eyed him suspiciously. I think there's something he's not telling me.

"Okay, then. thanks anyway."

I walked away and into my car.

Should I go to her parent's house?

I checked my phone for any new messages or whatever. I check the texts that I had texted Bethany. The latest one read "the eggs".

I laughed at the memory. I had went grocery shopping at target and I forgot the eggs.

I was going to go to her parents house.

I turned the key, bursting the ignition with power and drove off.

Beth's POV

I banged my head to the beat of "Trap Queen". I could imagine a great hip hop dance routine choreographed by Derek.

I was driving to Derek's house. There had to be some way I could talk to him an get him to forgive me.

The red light switched to green. I switched my foot from the brake to the gas. The car surged forward.

I pulled up into Derek's driveway. His car wasn't here. I exited the car and walked up to the door. I lifted my hand and knocked on the door. No answer.

I let out a frustrated sigh and walked back to the car. I went into the car. Back to my parent's house, I guess.

I leaned my seat back and laid down. I had trouble sleeping last night. I had a horizon nightmare in which-no, I'm not going to revive that. I let out a yawn. My eyes began to droop before they they finally fell shut and I fell asleep.

Derek's POV

"I'm sorry, Derek. Bethany is not here." Mrs. Mota apologized.

"Well, do you know where she is?"

She shook her head.

"Okay. Thanks anyway, Mrs. Mota."

"You're welcome. Bye, Derek."

"Bye, Mrs. Mota."

I turned around and walked down the porch steps. Where could she be? I went into my car and drove home.

I noticed a red car parked in front of my house. I parked my car in the driveway and stepped out. The car seemed familiar.

I peeked into the window. Bethany was sleeping in the driver seat. I knocked my fist on the window. She jolted awake and looked around. She noticed me. Her eyes widened. She brought her seat into it's upright position. Then, she raised her hand and unlocked the car doors. I pulled the door handle and opened the door and sat down. She stared at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She turned her head to look out the window.

"I came here to apologize."

I stared at the back of her head. Her raven black hair was pulled into a high ponytail. "What?"

She continued to face the window. "I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you."

I fell back into my chair. "Oh."

"Well, I forgive you." I added.

She turned to look at me. "You do?"

I nodded.

"But why? After all I've done to you, why would you forgive?"

I sighed. Bethany had a way of asking hard questions. I ran a hand through my hair.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy in love with you. Maybe I can't think straight with you in a ten mile radius. Maybe whenever I look into your eyes, I become dysfunctional or maybe it's all of the above." I rambled.

She didn't reply.

"Bethany, I love you."

"I don't doubt that but..."

"But what?"

"I don't think you should forgive me."

"Why do you say that?"

She bit her lip. Oh man, I missed her luscious lips so much. "Because I cheated on you."

"Bethany, oh my sweet Bethany."

She blushed and turned her head away again.

"I believe in second chances and how nobody's perfect and I believe in you."

I placed a finger under her chin and turned her head around.

"And I forgive you."

"Okay." She simply replied.

"Okay."

"Would you like to come back an live with me?"

"No, I'll stay at my parent's house, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, um, if that's what you want."

"You can still come to visit me and I'll come to visit you as well."

"Okay, you can expect me to come often." I smiled.

"That's fine. Um, also, I'm going to have to allow Jeremy to visit."

I scrunched my nose up in disgust. "Why?" I snapped.

"Well, this is his child. It's obligatory to allow both parent's to see the child. I hope you won't mind."

"Okay." I grumbled. "But there's nothing going on between you two, right?"

"Right."

"Okay, then. I guess I'll have to get going." I opened the door and stood up, out of the car.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, I love you." the last sentence slipped out, out of habit.

"You, too." she replied. I shut the door and walked to the porch of my house. I smiled. I heard the engine rumble and her car drive off. I unlocked the door and went into my house.

OMG! Thank you all so much for 3K! Also, yay, they're back together! I think this call for a celebratory party horn emoji -> 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 thank you all so much again!