0.3| Forks High School

Orion and Bella are now in the swan girl's car on the way to school. There are two things Rye knows for certain: it'll be either his anxiety about enrolling in a new school during the middle of the school year that'll kill him or the most awkward silence filling the car.

A few more moments pass by when, surprisingly, Bella is the one to break the silence. "So..." Bella draws out as if she were trying to find a topic to bring up before settling on one. "How was your life before coming here?"

Rye thinks for a moment before responding, "It was good. I loved California. The weather, the different kinds of places, the people, and most of all, the beaches."

"What about a girlfriend?" Bella asks, trying to confirm a theory she has without being too straightforward about it.

Let's just say her poker face isn't the best; Rye can already guess what she's hinting at. "I think a better choice of word would be 'boyfriend'," he lets out with a smile on his face while staring at her.

The girl just sends him a real, genuine smile in return.

Before they know it, they're officially in the Forks High School parking lot.

"I cannot believe this is actually happening; we are about to start a new school in the middle of the year, with new people we don't know." Orion rambled out in one breath.

"'I'm sure everything will be fine, right?" Bella says, and Orion is sure that she is saying that to reassure herself more than him.

Rye just looks at her and nods his head to say yes.

They eventually get out of the car and start heading, but before they can, the pair hear a voice saying, "Nice ride," obviously not meaning it, as you can hear them trying not to laugh.

Bella just responds with a "thanks," not sure how to reply. Rye, on the other hand, just stares down at the boy with a look that cuts his laughter short.

With that, they head to the school to get their schedules, and, oh, Rye thanks the universe for his schedule. "It looks like we have almost every class together," Orion tells Bella. "Well, except for two classes, it looks like I have art and history," he frowns, sad that Bella won't be there

"Let's start heading to class; we're already late as is," Bella tells the boy.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⋆☽◯☾⋆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Orion is questioning how he got himself involved in this right now. He and Bella are somehow now in a volleyball game. Rye doesn't know if this day could get any worse.

Rye sighs before getting back into the game. He sees the ball head straight toward Bella before she closes her eyes and blindly hits it.

"Ow," a blond boy groaned while rubbing his head.

"I'm sorry! I told them not to let me play." The swan girl says this with a pained look on her face, which quickly turns into a glare when she hears and sees Orion laughing with his hands covering his mouth while walking towards the blond boy and the girl.