19| Life Is Moving

Orion had slept a full eight hours for the first time in months. He had gotten out of bed before Bella, heading downstairs to make a simple breakfast. He decided to make pancakes. He's sure that the smell of his cooking traveled through the house as Bella and his mother came walking down the stairs, having a conversation.

They greet him, with Bella going into the kitchen to help him. The two were a duo, a team. Orion's mother observed the way they worked with each other; not a single word left their mouths, yet they knew exactly how to help each other. Lucia had no idea how they did it.

"Pancakes are done," he announces, with Bella bringing a plate to place them on. They all served themselves food before returning to the dinner table.

There was a sudden knock at the door—one that Orion was expecting. He goes to the door and opens it. It was Charlie; he had called the older man to invite him for breakfast before his mother came down. "Hey, Charlie." He smiles.

The man nods at him with a smile. "Hey, Rye." Charlie had gotten around to calling him by his nickname, which he deeply appreciates.

Orion moves away from the door, allowing Charlie to come inside. Orion sees the glare his mother sent him, but he ignores it, instead offering a smile.

"Good morning, Charlie," Lucia speaks, her cheeks holding a certain flush.

"Good morning, Lucia." The man awkwardly returns, his cheeks holding the same redness to them. The two continue to stare at one another, entrapped in their eyes.

Orion and Bella share a knowing look, not being able to hold their laughter. The two didn't mind that their parents held an attraction for each other; it was the opposite for them, making them feel closer.

The two snap out of their stares once they hear the laughter of their children, coughing as if it'll save them from the embarrassment.

Charlie goes to sit down at the table with them, getting his own pancakes. "Where are you two going today?" He asks, his mouth stuffed with food.

The two stared at each other momentarily, silently debating who was to speak up. Bella speaks, "We're probably going to go over to Jacob's house." She tries to play it off like it's just a casual hangout.

Though the way she said it held no casualness to it at all, the girl cannot lie to save her life. Orion, on the other hand, doesn't have the same problem. "Yeah, he rented this new movie for us to watch." He states, shoving a piece of pancake in his mouth.

Charlie and Lucia nod. "It's good you two are hanging out with Jacob; Billy must be pleased." His mother remarks.

The duo nods at her words with a smile. It isn't long before Orion and Bella finish their meal. As they start to clean up, he hears a ring from her phone. He looks at her with questioning eyes, to which she simply shrugs her shoulders. She picks up the phone, reading it before she shows him her screen.

It was a message from Jacob Black. 'Are you guys coming?' The text reads. Orion looks up from the screen at the girl, she points with her head toward the door. He acknowledges it with a nod. "We're gonna get going," he announces.