18| Death Machines

"What the fuck?" are the words that leave his mouth first thing in the morning. He's standing in front of his house, wearing loose jeans and a maroon cardigan, holding it tight against his body. In front of him is Isabella, staring at the boy with a guilty smile. "Literally, what the fuck?" he repeats, staring at the swan girl standing near her car with a pair of motorcycles peeking out the trunk.

"It was an impulsive buy," she reveals shamefully, opening the trunk so Orion can see the bikes. They were pretty beat-up and rusted.

"Do they even work?" Orion questions, placing his hand on the bikes to observe them. He watches as dirt and grime fall off the tire. He brings the attention back to the girl.

She shakes her head 'no'. "I know someone who can help," she states, leaving Orion by the trunk as she gets in the truck's driver seat. I guess we're going for a ride.

He follows after her, getting into the passenger seat. He buckles his seat belt before glancing over at the girl. She's tapping her finger anxiously against the steering wheel. Orion takes a good look at her face; it looks like she didn't get an ounce of sleep last night. "Are you okay?"

It seems like his question catches her off guard based on the way she slightly jumps upon hearing his voice. "Uh-yeah, I'm fine." She stumbles over her words.

Orion goes to push, but before he can, Bella reaches over to turn the radio on as she drives off to god knows where. He decides against pushing her any further; he knows the girl is lying, but this is the most alive he has seen her in months.

Orion rests against the passenger seat, staring out the window, waiting until they arrive at their location.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⋆☽◯☾⋆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Orion already knows where Bella is taking them as soon as they drive by the 'La Push' sign. As they approach a familiar house, the car starts to slow down. Once the truck comes to a stop, he steps out.

Orion hears a certain voice yell out, not for him but for the swan girl. "Bella! Where the hell have you been, Loca?" The voice belonged to Jacob Black. The long-haired boy came sprinting toward the two, though his arms spread open in the direction of the swan girl. He wears a bright smile as he embraces Bella in a hug.

He can't help but cringe as the last word leaves Jacob's mouth. He lets out a small chuckle that he quickly tries to pass off as a cough, seeing the glare that was being sent to him by Bella.

Bella quickly pulls away from the hug. "We brought you something," she begins, sending Orion a look. He gets the hint and walks over to the trunk. "It's a little crazy."

"It's more than crazy," Orion mutters before removing the piece of plastic that was hiding the bikes.

Jake seems surprised, yet confused. "Wow. Scrap metal. You shouldn't have," the boy teases them. Orion can't help but let a chuckle out.

"I saved them from the junkyard," she reveals, clearing her throat. "I think they'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth, but then I thought that if I had a mechanic friend to help me out..." she trails off, obviously hinting at the boy.