22| Wolfs Out The Bag

It was a lot to take in. First, it was vampires, and even then, it was hard to wrap his head around the fact that such beings walked amongst him. Adding werewolves on top of that almost made his head implode.

As he approaches an unfamiliar house, he assumes they have arrived at their destination. Orion walks hand-in-hand with Bella. "You should be resting." She scolds in a whisper.

She's right. He shouldn't be exerting his energy more than he has. "Oh, trust me, I was, until Nico told me that you were over here starting up trouble." He whisper-yelled back.

Their bickering's interrupted by a voice. "Come on in." The voice belonged to Embry, gesturing toward the house that stood in front of them.

Orion and Bella look at each other, having a silent conversation. They could feel their hesitation to walk in there. If it weren't for Nico grabbing his hand, he's certain he would have stayed standing there.

The Clearwater boy turns his neck to face him as he walks. "Hey, about Emily, Sam's fiancé, don't stare. It bugs Sam." His tone shifted to one of complete and utter seriousness.

It startled both him and the swan girl. "Why would we stare?" Bella speaks for the both of them. Their question is met with silence as the boy's share a glance at each other.

Stepping into the house, Orion is met with a woman with her back facing him. The boy's surround her kitchen table, all taking a seat as they greet her.

Once she turns around, he now knows why Nico gave him a warning. The right side of her face was covered in scars. They ran straight down her face. It surprised him—not in a bad way, of course.

He shifts his gaze, noticing he has been letting his stares linger for far too long. "Who's this?" Her question was pointed to the boy rather than him and Bella.

Jared answered for them. "Bella Swan and Orion Rayo, who else?" At the mention of their names, her expression changes to one of familiarity. She's heard of them before.

She hums, a sort of smirk falling upon her features. "So you're the vampire girl." Bella's taken aback by her words.

"And you're the wolf girl." She retorts once the surprise wears off. Emily smiled at her, shaking her head lightly with a soft laugh.

Orion waits for the woman to say something along the lines of what she told Bella. She didn't. "You're Lucia's kid, right?" She asks, placing a basket of muffins on the kitchen table.

"Yeah, are you two close?" He shoots a question back. He isn't surprised anymore when anyone in town mentions his mother's name.

"Not really," she begins, motioning with her hand for him and Bella to sit down. "But she is an amazing conversator. Whenever she comes down here, it's pretty fun." She states.

A thought pops into Orion's mind. "Does she know what you all are?" He tries to phrase the question lightly.

Emily takes a sip of her tea before letting it rest on the table. "She knows the stories of our ancestors. She knows what they were capable of doing." She tells him. "Now whether she believes them, well, that is a different story."