0.5| Insanity

Orion's awoken by the alarm on his phone. He groans, switching to his side, and reaches for his phone on the nightstand. Orion turns off the alarm and checks the time. It was five-forty-five. He puts his phone back down and sighs, regretting the fact that he agreed to go on this biology field trip. At least Bella would be there; even though they didn't have the same biology class, Mr. Molina decided it would be best to have all his classes go simultaneously.

Deciding to get out of bed finally, Orion gets up and heads for the shower. Once out, he heads back into his room to change. He looks into his closet for something warm. He puts on a gray long sleeve with a brown bomber jacket and some dark-washed loose jeans. His phone dings. It's a text from the swan girl: 'I'm outside'.

Orion quickly rushes to put on his backpack, and before he goes downstairs to leave, Orion quietly walks into his mother's room.

Orion gets closer to the bed and sees that she's asleep. He goes up to plant a kiss on her forehead and whispers an almost silent goodbye. Orion exits the room quickly and heads for the front door to meet with Isabella in the car.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⋆☽◯☾⋆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The Rayo boy is in the high school parking lot with Bella and a lot of other students who have biology. Bella and Orion are by the Swan girls' car, catching each other up on every single detail that happened on the day of the accident.

"Woah, let me get this straight. You confronted him about how he was able to get to you so fast," Bella confirms with a nod, "and all he said was that he was right next to you the entire time." Orion draws out very slowly, making sure he is hearing everything correctly.

"Yes! On top of that, he also said, Maybe I'm forgetting things because 'I hit my head' which is a complete lie." The swan girl exhales defeatedly. She looked around the parking lot before whispering to Orion, "I mean, you saw Rye; he stopped the car with his bare hands."

Before Orion can give Bella his response to this whole chaotic mess, Mike Newton appears in front of the two. "Look at you two! You're alive!" he says dramatically. Orion and Bella giggle at that. The funny mood quickly shifts into something way too awkward for Orion to be around. "I know it is a month away, but I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me, Bella." Mike stutters with an awkward smile.

Orion did not see this coming; his hand immediately reached to cover his mouth. Rye looks at the swan girl, dying to know how she will handle this, but he notices that she is in a completely different world right now. He tries to follow the girl's line of sight to see where in hell she is staring out. Bingo, Orion finds what's captured her attention: Edward Cullen.

Orion shakes his head slightly before hitting the girl's arm to bring her back to reality. The girl jumps. "I'm sorry, what?"

Mike awkwardly laughs, "Prom? Would you want to go with me?" He says it with a hopeful look on his face. Orion can see

"Sorry, Mike, I won't be here for prom; I'm going to Jacksonville," Bella tells Mike.

Orion notices the way Mike's mouth opens again, trying to give a solution to the problem, but Orion cuts him off before he can. "You know, Mike, you should ask Jessica instead."

Mike pauses to look at Jessica, "Hm, maybe I will," he mutters to himself.

Mr. Molina, thankfully, cuts this awkward interaction short by telling all of the students to start heading inside the buses. Bella and Orion part ways with Mike and start going inside the bus to sit down. Once Rye and Bella are seated, Rye looks at the girl and sighs, "I have a big feeling today will be a long day."