chapter 9

*sorry for mistakes*

Yui let out a sigh of relief as she made her way through the house after leaving Reiji. She was thirsty; however, she wasn't quite ready to feed from them as of yet. She wanted to trust them which was difficult to do right now with all the conflicting emotions rolling through her. She rubbed her baby bump tenderly, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips, "Everything will be alright," she whispered. She had to be strong for them. It wasn't only her life on the line now.

"Oi, Yui," Ayato appeared in front of her, making her jump back.

"W-what do you want, Ayato?" she pressed her back against the wall, her hand pressing firmly against her abdomen, her fear spiking.

Ayato stepped closer to her and looked down at her baby bump, and then back at her, "I wanted to see how you were doing," he grumbled looking away. He hated the fear he saw but he had to seek her out, it was almost a compulsion. He was having a difficult time leaving her alone.

She shook her head and sighed, "I'm fine, Ayato. Thank you for your concern."

She shifted slightly to step around him, and he braced his arms on either side of her body leaning closer. Her eyes full of fear met his, and he lowered his head slowly, his eyes keeping contact with hers as he did so. He stopped when his forehead leaned against hers and took a deep breath holding it for a moment savouring the heat from her body that brushed against his. Swallowing harshly when his fangs started to ache he leaned back lifting his hand, his knuckles caressing her cheek. It didn't help that she flinched when he did so.

Moving back a respectable distance he said in a softer tone, softer than he was used to using, "Just...just get some rest." Yui looked at him, several emotions flitting across her face before she gave a small nod slipping past him. Ayato watched her small frame disappear around the corner and slumped against the wall.
____________________________________
Subaru popped next to him and frowned, "Is she avoiding you?" he asked.

"Can you blame her?" he growled as he shoved himself off the wall and stalked in the opposite direction.

"No," Subaru whispered. "I don't."

Taking a deep breath, Subaru popped into his chambers and opened his French doors, settling his long frame on the railing looking out at the full moon. A light breeze teased his white hair, brushing it gently against his neck. He wanted to speak to Yui himself but now was not the time. He would give her time, she deserved the space to settle her thoughts. He was still coming to terms that his action, their actions had caused Yui not only physical and emotional harm but now there was a constant reminder of that night growing within her.

"I will make it up to you, Yui," he vowed, his soft voice carrying with the wind. With a deep sigh, he jumped off the railing, stalking back into his room, slamming the French doors behind him causing them to rattle dangerously. He slid into his coffin and yanked the top over him bathing him in darkness. He had thinking to do.

____________________________________
Yui continued down the corridor towards her room, but she still didn't want to go to bed. Changing course, she went into the library, her favourite place to go when she needed some quiet time. None of the brothers bothered with this room, Reiji would be the only one she thought she may come across when she spent time here in the past, but then she realized he had his books in his lab and rooms.