chapter 23

*sorry for mistakes*

Yui entered the library, deciding to spend some time on her own reading. School, for once, was uneventful. Ten vampires surrounded her all night, and it was Shu who went into the bathroom with her tonight, much to her displeasure. She hoped in time that they would leave her alone to take care of her personal issues. She didn’t throw a fit like she did last time, knowing that they were still on edge from the previous night.

When they returned from school tonight, her uncle was waiting and pulled her to the side to remind her that she had to feed and let the others feed from her so they would be able to protect her better. She thought that feeding from someone was an intimate act, and didn’t like the idea of doing it, but she relented and told him that she would as soon as she could.

The brothers all stood there looking at her thinking she would just do it right there in the foyer, but she just gave them a small wave and left for her chambers telling them she needed to rest. They didn’t argue with her, soon, one of them would be joining her for her daytime rest and she wanted and needed this time for herself.

She sat in the window seat as she did last time Kanato found her when she first came back to them and flipped open her grimoire. She wanted to understand some of these obscure spells before she tried them. She recalled being taught them by Seiji, the importance of them, and she had almost mastered them last time, but now she wouldn’t have his guidance if she happened to mispronounce something. She was glad he wasn’t here.

She didn’t hate Seiji, not completely. He was Fae, the leader of the Blood Fae now that her grandfather had stepped down. Seiji was a King in his own right making her a princess. She hated it. The responsibility that being thrust upon her was ridiculous. No matter she was with, her life would be dictated to her. Here at least she knew that the brothers did love her. They remembered her as Eve, even though they said they loved her no matter who she was. She couldn’t say the same of Seiji. She wondered if he would be so forgiven if he knew she was embracing her vampire heritage.

It was true that Fae had fangs. The difference was they could hide them. They would snap down during blood lust, or feeding and vampires, they were always exposed. She was able to hide hers once again making it much easier to talk. She hated having the small lisp when her fangs grew back. The others thought it was...cute. She found it very annoying.

Blood Fae was part of the Unseelie Court, the bad Fae. They were considered Unholy, which is ironic considering that Seiji killed demons who are considered Unholy or Unblessed as well. Seiji killed demons because they fed on Fae. They didn’t care that Fae was Unseelie or Seelie, Fae was Fae to them and a delicacy to them hunting them all to the point of almost wiping out their existence. They had come up with a way of harvesting souls and keeping them for safekeeping so they could live once again if anything happened to them, maimed, or killed. Therefore, she was researching this part of magic. She knew Seiji was coming for her, and he would kill her children without prejudice. He would think she was tainted and end them. If she could spout her wings once again, she would cuff him on the back of the head and tell him to fuck off, she was not going back and fly her fairy ass away.

That wasn’t going to happen. He would keep coming for her. She was thankful that he hadn’t harvested her soul because at the time she hadn’t hit maturity. Small mercies.

A small movement caught her attention and pulled her back to the present. Ruki stood a few feet from her, a book tucked in hand staring at her. He was always staring at her these days.

Feeling slightly nervous she tucked a stray hair behind her pointed ears and snapped her tome closed. She swung her legs over and stared back. She wanted to make sure she could bolt if she needed to.

“H-hey, Ruki, what brings you here?”

He stepped closer; his footsteps quiet. He held up his book and gave it a small shake before tucking it back against his hip.

She gave him a small smile and nodded, “Ah, I see.” She looked around and looked back at him. “The library is the quietest place if you wish to read.” She slid down from her perch and took a step.

His hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, “Wait...please.”

She looked down at the hand that gripped her and back up at him. His grey-blue eyes studied her for a moment, “Father said we should let you feed from us, and we should do the same. I was hoping we could do that now.”

His voice was soft and kind. His eyes lingered on her face as he released her wrist and waited for her to speak.

Clearing her throat, she shifted her body towards him, “That sounds reasonable. She took a deep breath and held out her wrist towards him. He furrowed his brows as he looked down at it and back at her.

His lips quirked slightly as he stepped closer to her, “I prefer the neck, it’s easier for me if that’s alright with you.”

She frowned at him thinking that was too intimate, but she knew that the neck and the inner thigh were the best, and she would never let him feed from there . Shu was the only one that had so far and that was too much like sex in her mind. She met his gaze and saw his smile.

Word count: 1010