chapter 11

*sorry for mistakes*

Yui slumbered on in Shu’s protective hold. Each of the brothers watched her, waiting for their Eve to wake. Now that they suspected that Yui was their Eve, their feelings for her started to shift even more. All those memories they shared with her came back.

When she had been killed over two hundred years ago, it was a dark time for them. She loved them all. She went out of her way to make their lives easier for them, knowing their mothers were less than maternal.

Yui shifted in Shu’s arms and let out a small groan, her small hand going automatically to the swell of her abdomen, and snapped her eyes open when her hand came into contact with Shu’s.

She tried to move, to get away, her heart thrumming in her chest like a caged bird. His arms shifted, and he sat up, keeping her in his arms. She stiffened further and looked around the room, seeing the concerned faces of the others. “What happened?”

Reiji knelt in front of the pair and narrowed his eyes at her, “You got a fever, you went without your feeding for close to twenty-four hours.”  He sighed, his features softening and cupped her cheek, “Yui, I know this has been difficult for you, however, you need to stop being stubborn and let us care for you, and our children. We won’t hurt you. You have my word.”

She furrowed her brows and looked from the others and then back at him, “I… I’m trying Reiji, I really am. It’s just difficult. You shattered my trust, and I’m trying to understand what’s changed now.” Reiji opened his mouth to speak, but she raised her hand to forestall his argument. “I’ll make sure not to skip any more feedings as long as you have patience with me.”

He nodded and stood and gazed down at her, “See that you don’t, and we understand your reticence towards us and will be patient.”

Shu cradled her closer and moved her, so she was across his lap, “You still need more feeding, Yui. You look pale, and you’re still warm.” He brushed her hair to the side, his fingers stroking her neck gently.

“Here?” she gasped.

Shu grinned as he stood with her in his arms. “I’ll bring you some place that is more private.” He vanished and went to his chambers. No one was allowed in his rooms and knew better than to tread here. He walked towards his bed, taking Yui with him, settling against the headboard.

“No one comes in here,” he said gently. “We’ll not be disturbed.”

Yui trembled in his hold, and Shu leaned his body closer to hers while cupping her face with both hands, “Shu-u?”

He closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against hers, “Yui.” He opened his eyes and gazed at her. “I’ll not harm you, I want to protect you. Please… please try to trust us. I know that trust was shattered as you said, for that, I’m truly sorry.”

Yui swallowed the lump in her throat. “Okay,” she breathed, trying to relax in his hold.

He gave her a brilliant smile, one that Yui while she was known to him as Eve had seen a thousand times. “Now, let’s get you fed,” he said.

She shifted off his lap and he let her go, feeling the loss of her body heat keenly. He wasn’t going to pressure her to do something she wasn’t comfortable with, but he needed her to feed.