chapter 18

*sorry for mistakes*

After Yui had transitioned and released her Fae heritage, Reinhart had decided to move her down to the ground level. His reasoning was, even though there were now ten vampires near her when she slept, he would feel better with her being next to his room, and across from Petra’s. Not only that, it was close to the dungeons and that’s where the portal to the Demon Realm was. The room he provided was too much for her.

She had a set of rooms, not just one. She had a sleeping chamber, a small visiting area with a desk and bookshelves stuffed with all sorts of books imaginable. The vanity was also crammed with jewels too gaudy for her to even consider wearing. The bathroom and walk-in closet together were as big as her old room. When she asked Reinhart why she was given such extravagance, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead and told her it was the Queen’s chambers and that she would be Queen soon enough. 

He also made a point about her changing body, that the bigger she got, she would have a problem navigating the stairs.

He did have a point, but.

She didn’t like to be reminded that her mid-section was ever-expanding. She looked about six months pregnant when she was only four.

He also suggested that one of her vampires slept with her during the day; it was good for the children to have their father’s auras near them. She couldn’t deny that she did feel better when they were close to her, so she relented.

Reiji had taken it upon himself to make a schedule and hand it out to his brothers. She wouldn’t have to sleep near the new brothers and she was thankful for that fact. She hardly knew them. She was looking forward to getting to know them, she wondered if they were like the others. Would they have a pleasant disposition because they were once human? She didn’t know, but she would find out.

Tonight was the first night she would be returning to school, and she was not looking forward to it. She felt awkward in her body, and she missed so much school she was sure she would never catch up. Reinhart had told her that he had made arrangements for her to continue where she had been and that he would personally help her with any schoolwork she needed help with. He was the school doctor so he would be there from time to time to ensure she was progressing well and safe.

She just wanted to go back to work.

She had told Petra that she wanted to go back to work, but Petra said it was best for her to be near the brothers. One, she needed their auras to be close, and two, she should get to know the newer additions to their household. While she agreed to a point, she felt as if her life was being dictated, and she hated that. She had no control of her body, or who she mated with. Her uncle was insistent that she mated all the brothers. She would work on mating the ones she knew and then think about the rest later.

She was Fae now, she felt different. Magic thrummed under her skin and she felt...aroused most of the time. The Fae fed off emotions, it didn’t matter if they were happy or sad, they fed. during the hight of sex was the best, but she wasn’t about to tell anyone that. She had to hold some secrets of her own.

She sat with a towel wrapped around her as she sat at her desk and flipped open her mother’s old grimoire. It had a vast amount of information for her, and she devoured it. Most of the things her mother had written down, the spells, etc, she already knew. The book contained many things written in elvish and was glad that no one could understand it. It would be too dangerous for anyone to know that the Fae did thrive in the Demon Realm, just right under their noses. They had found a way to achieve immortality, and she knew that she would ensure that her children did as well. They were close to immortal due to their heritage, but accidents happened, so did murder. She had a way to get around that. The thing was, did she want vampires to have this knowledge? She didn’t know.