chapter 15

*sorry for mistakes*

The rancid stench of the dungeon hung thickly in the air. Reinhart’s claws raked against the metal bars as he walked down the dim corridor, he paid no attention to their food as they whimpered as he passed. His goal was the cell at the end of the hall.

The man that had attacked Yui had been healed from her vicious attack now was the time to interrogate him. He had sent Yui out for the evening with her sister Petra so she wouldn’t hear the screaming that emanated from the dungeons. She has always been a curious creature, something he loved about her, but right now was not the time for her to explore.

He would keep her safe.

The cell swung open with a simple touch of his hand. He unleashed his power and smirked as the being changed to the table in the middle of the room stiffened. His sons, Shu and Ayato stood straighter as they waited for his command. He had invited them to help interrogate because they had mated with Yui. It was their right as her mates to be present. His eyes lingered on the marks on their neck, an odd sensation burning through him. He was pleased that Yui had taken his advice and mated with them, now for the rest.

Shoving those thoughts to the side he chuckled and stepped closer to the table, the cell door groaning and closed with a clang, the lock engaging echoing down the narrow halls. “You should be afraid,” his voice a low growl, his claws on his fingers growing longer, “you tried to take someone who's precious to me.”

The man hissed, his back arching as Reinhart dragged his claws down his chest enough to break the skin. Blood spilt sluggishly from the wounds, tracking down the side of his chest. “I won’t tell you anything, you can’t make me talk.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes,” he hissed again as Reinhart repeated the same path digging deeper into his flesh, “I’m more afraid of him than you.”

“Do you have any idea who I am?” Reinhart asked as he pulled back his hand.

The man gave a humourless chuckle, “Yes, our God.”

“Then you should know I can keep you alive for a very long time. There is no being more powerful than me.”

“You’re wrong.”

Reinhart’s head tilted at the man’s admission. He knew he was all-powerful, and there was no one who could stop him. “You’re a dead man, either way, I’m afraid.”

The man’s eyes slid shut and shuddered. Reinhart leaned over to the table to grab a scalpel, the blade glinted in the low light of the torches the lines the wall. Tapping the blade against the man’s sternum, “I could make your death painless, or we can drag it out.”

Silence.

Sighing, Reinhart pressed the scalpel against the flesh of his victim and smiled as the man let out an ear-piercing scream. He would use no anaesthetic to ease the pain he was going through. He would make him suffer until he told him what he wished to know.

Setting the scalpel aside he tugged at the flesh, opening him further, “There are many things I can remove from you, and you’ll still live.”

The man refused to speak. Reinhart lost track of time as he continued to work and his sons took turns punishing the man themselves.