chapter 12

*sorry for mistakes*

The weekend went better than Yui had expected with the brothers. They were being kind and gentle with her…for now. She wasn’t as naïve as she once was which caused her to continue to keep her guard up.

She felt slightly better after Shu had explained to her what had happened that night they had shattered her trust in them. It didn’t excuse what they did to her, not by a long shot, but at least she could try to understand what caused them to do so.

She was trying to still come to terms with being Eve. The memories of the brothers from all those years ago still clash violently with the present. She hoped with time she could reconcile everything and perhaps move forward with her life…with them.

Should she tell them that she knew she was Eve? That was the question that kept nagging at her as she spent a little time with each of the brothers. Would they even remember her from before? It has been a very long time and they have lived many years without her by their side.

She was pulled out of her musing when the door to the limo opened. It was her first night back at work since Yui had gone with the brothers. She knew it was difficult for them to let her go, she could tell by the way they watched her leave and the set of their mouths when she informed them she was leaving for work.

Entering the building she greeted everyone with a warm smile as she made her way to her sister’s office. Settling at her desk she started working quietly not seeing her sister when she arrived.

Petra arrived squeezing Yui’s shoulder causing her to let out a gasp. Petra let out a small giggle setting on the edge of the desk. “Sorry, I called your name, but you were so engrossed in your work I guess you didn’t hear me.” She shrugged. “How was your weekend?”

Yui gave Petra a small smile letting out a sigh. “It went better than I thought it would actually. They were gentle with me. Shu and I had a long talk and I suspect the rest of them will speak to me about things eventually.”

Petra blew the air out of her cheeks nodding her head. “I’m so glad to hear that. I would hate to see what uncle would do to them if they didn’t behave themselves.”

Yui visibly paled at the thought. She was silent for a moment before looking at Petra from beneath her lashes. “Do you think uncle was serious about mating them? All of them?”

Running her nimble fingers through Yui’s blonde locks, Petra gave her a sad smile. “Yes, he was. He was also serious about taking you as his own if they didn’t behave themselves. You are so very important to him I wish you could understand. Maybe with time uncle will tell you.”

“It’s difficult for me to come to terms with things. I am having a hard time giving them my trust as I did before. It is even more difficult remembering all the times I shared with them in the past. The love I had for all of them was deep before I ah…disappeared. Now, it’s different. They shattered my faith in them. Now he is telling me to mate them.” She shook her head still trying to wrap her head around everything.

“I understand that, Yui. I really do. What they put you through.” Closing her eyes, Yui could see pain flit across Petra’s features before she opened her eyes looking at Yui with a soft expression. “You’ll change them once again. With time everything will work out, I promise. They’ll never hurt you again.”