chapter 17

*sorry for mistakes*

Reinhart released his hold on the others before gathering Yui in his arms. Shu and Ayato flashed to his side, kneeling next to their father checking her over.

“Is she alright?” Shu asked.

“I believe she will be fine,” Reinhart frowned before standing to his full height adjusting his hold on her.

He stepped away from the others before they all scrambled to their feet following him to the room that Reinhart had set up previously with all the equipment he would need to keep Yui and his grandchildren safe.

Placing her on the bed he leaned her forward tracing the runes that had appeared on her skin. “What are those?” Petra asked, shifting closer.

“High Elven Runes,” he murmured.

“What does that mean?” Ayato asked, looking down at Yui. She looked different to him now. Her features even more delicate looking, her scent stronger than before, it was intoxicating to him.

“It means she is not part human as I’d thought,” Reinhart said, placing his hand on her head checking for fever as he laid her flat on her back.

“What the hell is she?” Subaru grunted flopping in a chair. “You said she was a dhampir,” he asked, leaning forward, his arms resting on his knees.

Shaking his head slowly, Reinhart let out a harsh breath, “No. I’d thought that Tessa was a witch, as well as Seiji. They are…Fae.”

“Fae,” Petra breathed. “There is not any left that I know of, and if there are any they are in hiding.” “More like hidden in plain sight,” Reiji said, adjusting his glasses.

Yui let out a low moan squeezing her eyes tightly together. “Yui,” Reinhart said as he leaned over her. “Eve.”

Blinking her eyes open slowly Yui looked around the room briefly before looking up at Reinhart.

He stepped back noticing the colour of her eyes. They were crimson red, the outer ring obsidian.

“Uncle.” She whispered.

Raising a brow, he smiled down at her, “Do you remember?”

Sitting up slowly she squeezed her eyes tightly before opening them again trying to adjust her vision. Clearing her throat, she looked up at him giving him a small nod, “I remember,” she said in a low voice. “I remember everything.”

Putting an arm around her he gave her a gentle squeeze, “Take your time, Yui. I know it’s a lot to take in right now.”

Bowing her head, she tried to assimilate as she remembered. So many memories to sift through. Where does she begin? She was taught to hate what was part of her own being. Vampires. Anything that was dark was to be killed, not accepted.

“Yui,” Reinhart paused for a moment. “You have some runes on your back now, do you know why they appeared or what they are?”

Trying to see behind her she paled, her breath hitching. “Runes?”

Petra stood behind her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, “I will take a picture for you, so you can see them.”